ID:53712

Keywords: adobe, norton, scan, security
I got a new computer two days ago. Finally something I can run to my speed, 6 gigs compared to the 200 MB I had. Anyway, I recently installed the CS4 Master Suite and it automatically does everything - what I didn't know, is that it also installs Norton Security Scan. Which, I wouldn't mind if every time I uninstalled it and restarted, guess who was back in? It was rather frustrating at first.

Kept googling things, and if you google, "Norton won't uninstall" you get spammed with a crap load of other people.

In the end, I found out you can't auto-install Adobe Shockwave, because it'll automatically put it, and every time you restart it'll be on your desktop. Anyway, after lots of research - lesson learned.

Don't auto-install Adobe Master Suite without disabling Shockwave then manually installing it.
I have never tried this but maybe something like this could help you.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lofiversion/ index.php/t42247.html
I'm not surprised that Adobe would pull something like that, since they already completed diabolical step #1: gigantic, bulky, clunky programs to do some simple operations that others can fit into a handful of megs. It's only logical that step #2 involves forcing programs on you that you neither wanted at the time nor were aware the installer was sticking on your drive.

Also what? Six gigs... of hard drive space? I have a PC from 2004 with 80. If you mean six gigs of RAM then that's pretty sweet... but I also wasn't aware that manufacturers stuck six slots on the motherboard for RAM sticks (or that there were RAM sticks available in greater than one gig increments, whichever is applicable).
Mobius Evalon wrote:
I'm not surprised that Adobe would pull something like that, since they already completed diabolical step #1: gigantic, bulky, clunky programs to do some simple operations that others can fit into a handful of megs. It's only logical that step #2 involves forcing programs on you that you neither wanted at the time nor were aware the installer was sticking on your drive.

Also what? Six gigs... of hard drive space? I have a PC from 2004 with 80. If you mean six gigs of RAM then that's pretty sweet... but I also wasn't aware that manufacturers stuck six slots on the motherboard for RAM sticks (or that there were RAM sticks available in greater than one gig increments, whichever is applicable).

I meant of RAM. 200MBs in a HDD.....i don't think that's even possible - and if it is, I don't want to think about it.

And no, most motherboards have 4 slots for RAM. Cause they do sell them 1-2 Gigs a stick. Possibly more, but I think that'd be more for server motherboards which can hold between 16 gigs max and 32(that'd be one hell of a gaming pc).
CodingSkillz2 wrote:
Possibly more, but I think that'd be more for server motherboards which can hold between 16 gigs max and 32(that'd be one hell of a gaming pc).

I don't think your OS would be able to handle that many :P. A 64 bit OS can only handle or use or whatever 8 GB, to my knowledge. If you only have a 32 bit OS, then you have 2 GB of RAM going to waste :P.

EDIT: I had a feeling I may be wrong about the 8 GB thing, and I was. A 64 bit processor can hold insane amounts of RAM, far beyond what anyone will need for a long time.