ID:54410

Keywords: ethics, moral
Here's some questions, Please answer either "yes", meaning you agree with the statement, or "no", meaning you disagree with the statement.

1) Do you believe that it's ones motives, not the consequences that make their actions morally correct?

2) Do you believe you an action is morally correct if and only if it is morally correct for everyone to perform that action?

3) Do you believe you should treat every person as a human being, not a mere tool?

4) Do you believe that in order for an action to truly be moral it must have been done because it is the morally just to do, and not that it was just coincidentally moral?
1) Si
2) No
3) Si
4) Cincuento/Cincuento
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Anyone care to justify saying no to #2?
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
Anyone care to justify saying no to #2?

If a guy with no legs can't walk, does that mean I have to drag myself around? If a hobo can't afford food, does that mean I can't eat?
Jeff8500 wrote:

If a guy with no legs can't walk, does that mean I have to drag myself around? If a hobo can't afford food, does that mean I can't eat?

Oh, I see. This is my fault, but that's not what the question is asking. I'll fix it, then please answer them again.
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
Jeff8500 wrote:

Oh, I see. This is my fault, but that's not what the question is asking. I'll fix it, then please answer them again.

Oh, then in that case, I agree. It shouldn't be morally incorrect for me to kill a guy if it isn't morally incorrect for a rich entrepreneur to hire a hitman to kill someone for no reason.

EDIT: I don't know what I was thinking when I answered the last question before, as well, so change that to a yes. Maybe I interpreted it incorrectly or something, but it would be stupid to disagree with it.