ID:54663

Keywords: mode, murdermansion
"SPOILER ALERT" for those that want to be surprised by everything in the next MM update...

But for those of you that don't care if one of the surprises is ruined, enjoy!

New Game Mode: Clue

Yep! Murder Mansion was originally inspired by a text game being played on the Dragonball Toys website, which was in turn inspired loosely by the board game Clue/Cluedo...

So, I took things one step further, and wove the board game back into Murder Mansion for one of the new special modes!

I hope you're all familiar with this classic board game, so I won't explain the rules beyond how they apply to MM's version...

Each map has 9 places/rooms designated as possibilities for the crime scene, 6 of the map's weapons are picked for possible murder weapons, and all active players become the suspects...

The correct choice for each is pick()ed and stored, and the remaining possibilities are "dealt" to the players...

The three lists of choices can be displayed by looking at your clue book, with those that you were dealt struck out and asterisked (those that are later shown to you by other players are just struck out, so you can remember which ones were which)

You then walk around the map, stepping onto glowing green question marks in each of the 9 rooms for that map (kitchen, living room, hall, garage, game/rec room, attic, dining room, balcony, etc.) and making a "suggestion" for weapon and suspect in that room... If another player holds the "card" for an element of your suggestion, it's shown to you, and it gets struck out in your clue book... You can't use the same room twice in a row, so you'll have to make your way to another to make your next suggestion...

Once you're confident in making an accusation, make your way to a phone, and choose the Who, What, and Where of the crime... A correct accusation wins you the round, while an incorrect one DQ's you... DQ'ed players die and are respawned elsewhere on the map, and they remain active for purposes of showing others their cards when suggestions are made, but are unable to make any more suggestions or accusations for the round...

Now, to add in a little Murder Mansion twist, killing others automatically shows you the entire set of cards dealt to them (just the ones originally dealt, not the ones that have been shown to them) It's a quick way to eliminate multiple possibilities at once!
Woah What a Neat Little Update Keep it going =-O
Interesting!
I Think Murder Mansion is the best Game on Byond