haha yeah but lets watch what happens when it comes out shall we? hopefully it can be Noob Proof for our sake.
The achievement system can be a very powerful tool if used properly. As with any new feature abuse is possible. I am happy to see people concerned about abuse of anything really...

In my humble opinion an honest developer can easily be accredited for a fair achievement system and should be trusted. It is partially unfair to some of us to assume that such a system will be abused by everyone. Cheaters never truly win.

Personally I am looking forward to testing and using this new system. I had already given thought to in-game medals and achievements but extending those to a game's hub page is outstanding. If I were superstitious I would accuse Lummox of reading my mind ;)
I love the idea. Really can't wait to try it.
I can't wait to see this update. It'll be really great to add achievements(medals?) to our games, but hopefully it won't be able to be abused. "FREE ACHIEVEMENT GAME", "Naruto RISE OF THE ACHIEVEMENTZ". But from the way it it sounds like it's going to work, it probably won't even be really possible to abuse it.
Perhaps they could just not total up a "gamerscore" anywhere at all. Like, a person could have a list of the games and the achievements he's gotten in the game (maybe even with points per achievement), but it won't total up the number of points you get overall between every game on BYOND. Doing this would take care of me publishing sixty "games" that each give me all of the points just for logging in, and then never hosting it so that nobody else gets the points. I'd probably do that. I like big numbers that don't mean anything.

Nobody would even look at the gross total anyway. It's too abusable to mean anything, so people are probably just going to look at your scores per-game to see how many achievements you've gotten for stealing power supplies and killing robots, or for beating up gnomes and stealing their radishes.
Cowdude-- that's basically how it works in this first iteration. Each hub has its own set of medals and other custom data (such as "top scores").
Page: 1 2