ID:549923

Redundant
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 18.0.1025.109
Applies to:Website

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If you have someone banned via your pager, and visit their classified ad, it will say "[key] has banned you from replying."

Obviously you shouldn't be able to to reply, it's just the message that's misleading.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Visit a post in classified ads.
2. Block the author's key in your pager.
3. Refresh post.

Expected results:
Perhaps a more appropriate message would be, "Author is banned in your pager." or something of the like.
I don't see how the message could be construed as misleading. If they've banned you you can't reply, and the message is telling you you can't reply because of a ban. Seems straightforward enough to me.

Since this is a matter of verbiage and said verbiage is not incorrect, I'm moving this to feature requests.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
I don't see how the message could be construed as misleading. If they've banned you you can't reply, and the message is telling you you can't reply because of a ban. Seems straightforward enough to me.

It's misleading to me, because it says [key] has banned you from replying, whereas that isn't the case at all. You have [key] banned.

It's misleading because it isn't true.
Ah, I see the issue. It's if you're seeing the message of someone you have banned. That makes sense.
Ter13 resolved issue (Redundant)