ie: Just make the BYOND forum a subreddit.
There's a reason why reddit works that way. If the person to start a topic on reddit could ban other users or delete their comments, it'd scare off all the decent users and imagine what you'd be left with! =)

Edit: To add to my previous comment: A way to vote comments up or down also satisfies people's urges to post things like "I agree" or "I disagree". I'm pretty sure for every annoyance the forum moderators let bother them, you can find an improvement that'll make those annoyances go away.
You know, I was just thinking we need to put more work into the BYOND website.
I'd like to bump this. It's utterly retarded that you can be banned from a topic that relates to all of BYOND, just because of a butthurt user. ie: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=622005 (Totally banned cause I made two comments, one pointing out his massive hypocrisy.)

Personal bans should NOT apply to anything in the BYOND forum grouping. (Announcements, Discussion, Help, and the Trackers.) They should only apply to hub forums, or whatever. It's really silly in the way it's set up now.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Personal bans should NOT apply to anything in the BYOND forum grouping. (Announcements, Discussion, Help, and the Trackers.) They should only apply to hub forums, or whatever. It's really silly in the way it's set up now.

Agreed. I'm not sure how this hasn't changed yet. If a user asks a question and they have me banned, I can't answer it. Not only does that user lose out but every other user with the same question loses out.

If the website had the ability to show posts as being collapsed (and you could manually expand them), they could turn these bans into ignores. If you have me ignored my posts will show up collapsed by default, but I'm still able to make them.
Page: 1 2