Mafia

by LostRealm
Mafia
Get rid of the Mafia before the Mafia gets rid of you.
ID:56215

Mafia is a game of strategy and deceit. Try to vote off the Mafia before they kill you all.

Ten years later...
Welcome to the new Mafia! As a tenth anniversary treat, I've spent the last few weeks redesigning and rewriting my classic Mafia game, and I hope you'll all enjoy it!

This initial beta release contains most of the gameplay and features you loved about the original, but with a complete graphics overhaul and a few obvious improvements, as well as some not-so-obvious groundwork for future growth.

Over the coming weeks and months, in addition to fixing the anticipated bugs of a beta release, I plan to further revise the UI and expand the game's feature set. Some of my plans include:
  • Improved game-management tools, such as advanced configuration options and cleaner setup
  • Interface layout changes to allow scaling for larger windows
  • Extending the default scene to allow for more players per round
  • Additional stat-tracking and medals
  • Music and sound
  • Subscription features
  • And of course, additional roles and gametypes, as has always been the bread and butter of Mafia updates!

I'd like to thank all of the people who have played and contributed to Mafia Classic over the years; their work may no longer be directly present in this release, but their influence on the game will always be felt and remembered. Another big thanks goes out to all of the people who helped test this initial re-release--I've awarded you all the game's first medal: Exterminator!

Thank you, everyone, and enjoy!
-LR
I'm not sure, but there might be a connection problem with your server. My internet is good and I never disconnect on any other BYOND game, and I end up d/c'ing all the time on this one.
I just hope the problem gets fixed, whatever it is, so I can not get kicked off mid-match.
It looks like Mafia's starting to get popular again. =).
..... Can the current host of the server ban someone? Not the person whose computer is running it, but the person who is choosing the classes and stuff?

I'm asking this because I was banned from Sem69's server, and I think it's because I didn't say hi to ElPajaro1, the current host (he was the only one there besides me), right away. I was choosing an icon.
...... I hadn't done anything but log on, choose a name (Badger), and look for an icon. And suddenly, *wham* You are banned from this server.
The Silent Sentry wrote:
..... Can the current host of the server ban someone? Not the person whose computer is running it, but the person who is choosing the classes and stuff?

I'm asking this because I was banned from Sem69's server, and I think it's because I didn't say hi to ElPajaro1, the current host (he was the only one there besides me), right away. I was choosing an icon.
...... I hadn't done anything but log on, choose a name (Badger), and look for an icon. And suddenly, *wham* You are banned from this server.

Yes, anyone with host powers can ban; and unfortunately the game's unban is bugged at the moment. Unless you log in as a guest or use an alternative key, you may have to wait for the server host to reboot the server. That should take away any bans (not completely certain though).

Edit: You were IP banned. I removed it.
UNBANN ME ALREADY
Dreh your only banned from that server and you can host your own
Shadygirl wrote:
It looks like Mafia's starting to get popular again. =).

Nope like at night in central time there be up to 14 people on thats all but this game is nice.....
damn, some noob randomly banned me, and theres no unban button so cyall later
I was banned for no reason, noob hosts shouldnt have the ban command.
10th comment....woo >:D
Rod5 wrote:
10th comment....woo >:D

LIES! >.>

500man wrote:
I was banned for no reason, noob hosts shouldnt have the ban command.

Ban is only server-based, just join another server or start your own.
Why doesn't anyone play this anymore great game and miss playing it
Any Updates?
..Does anyone still play this?
i know
i really miss this game. i wish people played it
need more ppl to log on at same time and not leave
This game is great, but needs more players. Will someone PLEASE start a server?
Page: 1 2 3