ID:572274

Resolved
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 17.0.963.83
Applies to:Website

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I have some alerts showing up and I have no idea what they're about. There's nothing on the page saying what they're attached to (a forum, hub entry, etc.). I'm guessing they're pager messages but that doesn't really make sense. They don't seem to be directed to me.

Here are two examples:
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=570659
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=572091

There should be something on that page that explains what those messages are for. If they're pager messages there's nothing to link to (no forum or hub entry) but it should be clear that it's a pager message.
Those links go to Not Found, but these sound like pager messages
I think they're replies to a message that was sent to a group of people, but from looking at the messages there's no way to know that.
How old are they? There was this bug, but it seems to have been fixed.
They're recent, either from today or yesterday.
I got the same two. They linked just fine for me, and it's likely that's why. I was just about to come here for a bug report on it, and I see it's already been reported.
Tom changed status to 'Verified'
Seems to be if you reply to a mass page, it'll be sent to everyone who it was originally sent to.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Seems to be if you reply to a mass page, it'll be sent to everyone who it was originally sent to.

It sounds like that's intentional, but it certainly doesn't make sense when you see these alerts. I'm not sure if it's being made clear to the people sending these messages who their message is going to. If I were to reply to any of these messages, I have no idea where it'd be going.

These kinds of things should be given titles so they can be grouped into threads, like how gmail groups e-mails into threads.
This is a bug, not some misunderstanding.
Tom resolved issue