Builders Fantasy

by Sharp
Builders Fantasy
Submerge yourself into a life you create. Interact with a world, you help to shape.
beep
Anyone got the source/host files? Still waiting on them.
Online 6/22/18
Aye let's get this online one more time for the hell of it. Tweet me. @veryleafy

(I guess I'm literally the only person that checks back on this game lmao)
really wish i could play this game again
bonk
Dude give us a heads up when you host it. I'd love to jump on when it goes live.
If I recall, the source files exist (Especially of back when it was still winter/christmas ingame)

But the one who has it (I forgot who, but they run a PKMN game on BYOND) is refusing to make it open or give the source files in respect of one of the coders who trusted him with it, which sucks because I want to bring this up as a hang-out place for friends that may or may not eventually remind some people of the good olde days of BYOND, even when they were not a part of it.

Plus I was always curious how this/that worked, what secrets I never found out. And maybe to make it run/look more smoother. :)
It's a shame we won't see those files reach the light of day. I still check on this project regularly for some weird reason.
Same here Bigtea, I keep checking up on it in hopes they being it back up somehow or something...
it's a shame, had so much fun playing BF
Had a lot of fun times playing this, I also check back every so often to see if something has changed with it.

I probably wouldn't have the same feelings or any of the friends I played with, but I'd like to indulge in the nostalgia for a little while.
Good to know that I'm not the only one lol
I really miss this game, I wish someone would host, just so I could go back to old times for a short while.
I’m pretty sure I have all the files. I am going to look for them. I don’t want to put my email on here but if you have kik contact me at haik1183
I still have the host files, and boot it up occasionally when I'm feeling nostalgic.
Just for fun I set up a small hosting box that'll run 24/7 for the foreseeable future. I'm not going to guarantee that I'm keeping it up forever, but have at it. Server is up
In response to SSJGohan29
SSJGohan29 wrote:
I still have the host files, and boot it up occasionally when I'm feeling nostalgic.

does anybody even have the source for this anymore?
In response to TiltHour
TiltHour wrote:
SSJGohan29 wrote:

I doubt anyone has the source, not even Sharp.
In response to SSJGohan29
SSJGohan29 wrote:
TiltHour wrote:
SSJGohan29 wrote:

I doubt anyone has the source, not even Sharp.
would you be willing yo upload the host files?
Still holding out on hopes the soruce files of this still exist, and will be made public.

I can't think of any reason to not release them (Same for any old BYOND game) unless you really don't want clones/rips popping up like It's the golden years of BYOND before no longer being able to spell fun with funmation. (Someone got banned from a DBZ rip, Informed funmation to shut down that server out of revenge/spite, cease and desist hits BYOND, now It's mostly SS13)

Also looking for host/soruce files of Cow RP If anyone has (Not cowed), a Nintendo Life (Host files fine on this. Personally I'd prefer the winter/Christmas themed version for nsotalgia sake.), the BYOND GTA, and both Harry Ptoter games.

I'd just keep the source files and occasionally host a server or two In an attempt to revive the game (Maybe reunion events), study the code to know "Oh, that's how that was done.".

I wouldn't make rips, and If I have to modify something It would be to fix a major bug (Like with the Hammers, losing your ability to build anything (Even gold mines that can end your progress entirely)). Unless you absolotely want me to build something new out of the source.

All games deserve to be preserved and kept alive even If nobody plays It anymore, the game Is garbage, or contraversal. It's not only history but It's memories that should be experienced by people beyond It's time like like how you'd make your child play the 16-bit Final Fantasy games.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5