Vengeance 56

by Gakumerasara
Vengeance 56
first person shooter for BYOND (multiplayer capable)
ID:59867

Controls:
click on screen to shoot
1/2/3/4/5 - change weapons

W - forward
A - strafe left
S - backward
D - strafe right

Q - left turn
E - right turn
Z - 90-degree left turn
X - 90-degree right turn

Y - TRC (cross-client chat)
U - Team Say (multiplayer)

` - toggle console

To join a multiplayer game, use the Detect Servers verb to automatically locate V56 servers.
If none are detected, use the Join Game verb to manually enter a server IP:port.

The Vengeance 56 dedicated server can be found here: http://www.byond.com/games/Gakumerasara/V56DedicatedServer

Special thanks to:
XxDohxX - icon matrix creation utility
D4RK3 54B3R - HUD weapon overlays + graphics
Silent Sage - HUD weapon overlays
I've ALWAYS had this idea for a BYOND game, and you've executed it quite well for a first time. Nice going.
BYONDS only FPS, and it is a wonderful game in it's own right
I never imagined something of this magnitude would be playable. I wonder how much farther something like this could be taken and It'd be cool if people started experimenting with FPS on BYOND. I have an idea on how it was done, but still...I guess I should continue honing my coding skills first.
In response to Raruno
I had actually added some new features to it since the "current version" was created, but as people lost interest and no new icons were created (and since I'm horrible at icon work), I shelved the project. I had planned to release the source to see what others can do with it but got "distracted". My first attempts to integrate TRC into the chat interface weren't very successful, and I'm not going to release the source without TRC support. I'll take another look at it on a rainy day when I have more free time.
yh release it pls bro!

EDIT: WOOOOOOOOO
Very impressive upgrade Gakumerasara! :D

Not only moves a lot faster than years ago when I first tried it, but even provided nice cinematics. ;D
could someone make a version without the V56 theme, just something simple with the 3d, so i can work from the ground up
Hmmm, quite surprised by how good i found this considering all the talk about not really being able to do this kind of thing on byond (as i've seen on the forums so far), I really quite enjoyed this -despite the graphics, though it wasn't that big a deal and didn't affect me too much since i realise the difference in what it might take/how it must work to put the 3d aspect together properly using byonds tools-.

Moving on though it is a nice job indeed, a really nice start in fact, if you and others came together to build on this it'd be one to watch, it'd bring a different feel in my opinion as opposed to other types of fps, i like the approach and theme a lot in fact, music e.t.c..
so just some more smoothness and polish(in the mechanics? allow for smoother transition of icon tiles to each other when making up those walls for instance? make it less blocky/choppy to look at? Also the character movement even as far as the way in which the key presses move the character, up to the way the screen pans?).

Eitherway, all this stuff or any others that you can see yourself able to upgrade would make this a very interesting avenue to pursue, Good Job.:D

Edit: Structuring and better punctuation usage... blergh
The game dosen't install. Always error. Even when I try to download zip.
In response to MKG
MKG wrote:
The game dosen't install. Always error. Even when I try to download zip.

The download link is unfortunately unavailable right now. Sorry for the inconvenience.