Epic

by Yut Put
Epic
Explore epic dungeons and slay epic foes with your friends in a huge, epic fantasy action RPG world.
ID:606343

Epic's died out and we haven't worked on it at all for a while. We had weekly and daily goals and due to life issues involving my -ex- girlfriend I had to put it on hold, which ultimately de-railed the process. Surprisingly it wasn't motivation loss, and I still have a drive to work on the game- we just need to get back into an organized loop of tasks before we can start pushing out more versions.

I told myself however that when progress died down that I would release the source, so eventually I'm going to have to clean up the absolute mess we made expanding this so that its legible for modders.

So I'll release the source whenever 0.6 is done. We actually have a lot done for the version, but it currently demanding art which i'm too lazy to currently produce.

The good thing about the design approach we took is that even if 0.6 is never released, the game will still be in a "completed" state. It has a decent level of polish and can be played from start to finish in around 5-6 hours in my speed runs, which is just about as long as Pokemon is/was and that's good with me since it is much better than the latter.

tl;dr- Epic is probably finished, but that doesn't mean discontinued because the game's already in a completed state. If it is continued, expect a modest update with modding support(source release)
Good luck (:
Is she pregnant?
In response to Avainer1
Avainer1 wrote:
Is she pregnant?

lmfao, no
update: added passive progressive tree. took around 2 hours to do

you get "Hero Points" from completing dungeons past level 5 and you can use them at a Priest to get "blessings" which are passive progressives. They are separated into three categories: power, speed, and magic.

i'll copy this out of the source. this sums it up:

//  SPEED
Reflexes
descr = "+5% dodge chance per level"//
group = "speed"
Undetected
descr = "Reduces distance enemies can spot you by one tile."//
levmax = 3
group = "speed"
Artifice
descr = "+5% critical hit chance."//
group = "speed"
Agility
descr = "+1 base swingspeed."//
group = "speed"
Sprint
descr = "+0.2 base move speed."//
group = "speed"

// POWER
Tank
descr = "+7 base HP per level."//
group = "power"
Bashing
descr = "+2 base stun per level."//
group = "power"
Sleeper
descr = "+1 HP restore while resting per level."//
group = "power"
levmax = 3
Brute
descr = "+1 base attack per level."//
group = "power"
Anger
descr = "+1 damage per level when health<10."//
group = "power"

// MAGIC
Powerhouse
descr = "+5 base MP per level."//
group = "magic"
Genious
descr = "+2 base mana regen per level."//
group = "magic"
Caster
descr = "+5% chance to not use up MP when casting."//
group = "magic"
Vampire
descr = "+5 base mana drain."//
group = "magic"
levmax = 3
Blitz
descr = "-10% cooldown."//
group = "magic"
Fun fact: I STILL have not played Epic. Lol.
I think you spelled Genius wrong, and it's a shame the game looked like it had potential. Although I haven't played it either.
...Like I said, it is not dead lol. I'm kind of picking it back up again now. Today I polished the perk system so it looks prettier and redid all the art for 0.6 gear and enemies that blazekid made a mess of.

no shame involved. Oh yeah, I also worked on some interface bugs and made it so players can have "classes".

If you equip an orb, it now becomes your class. Orbs gives players special passive abilities and can be changed on the fly unlike the permanent passive blessings you get from a priest. I considered how similar this is to Amalur's fate system(There are A LOT of mechanics in Epic that are identical to Amalur O_O like combining items and enchanting crystals.. its a weird coincidence, really)and realized that every orb has a class name in it already, so now when you equip an orb it shows it as a class name next to your level.

ie. equipping Orb of Thieves displays your level thingy as "level 10 thief"
Berry Berry Interesting. Since the Stream video I've been hoping to play this. please some1 email me lol. D-cire's not exactly being helpful or nice to those who ask him for info