In response to Forum_account
Forum_account wrote:
Chrome told me the .exe appears malicious and the .jar gave me this error:

Could not find the main class: com.devden.dmide.windows.LoadingScreen. Program will exit.

I tried the .exe anyway and when I ran it, it started downloading BYOND and the "Stop", "Close", and "X" buttons didn't work. With that behavior and the non-standard display, it certainly looks like malicious software.

The jar didn't work because the wrong version of the JRE was being used. The download buttons are working now, no worries. I will have to look into messing around with launch4J a little bit more so that the exe is no longer recognized as malicious software. But why is everyone trying to stop the download of the compiler? That's bad.

UPDATE: Apparently Chrome just doesn't trust me ;_;. I'll be switching to JSmooth because I'm pretty sure it would let me sign the exe unlike launch4J and it provides more features.
ExPixel wrote:
why is everyone trying to stop the download of the compiler?

Why is your program trying to download something without my permission? Also, I have BYOND installed already, which makes me skeptical of what your program is actually doing. If it can't find my DM compiler I should be prompted to select the directory it's in instead of having your program start downloads without warning (and no ability to cancel them).
In response to Forum_account
Forum_account wrote:
ExPixel wrote:
why is everyone trying to stop the download of the compiler?

Why is your program trying to download something without my permission? Also, I have BYOND installed already, which makes me skeptical of what your program is actually doing. If it can't find my DM compiler I should be prompted to select the directory it's in instead of having your program start downloads without warning (and no ability to cancel them).

The problem with the download not being cancelled was mentioned before and it was fixed. I have added a dialog for when the program tries to download BYOND. The reason it does this is because of the way I have the program set up, it needs to download BYOND into its own directory. This makes it easier to have multiple versions of DM installed (For testing 'n stuff), this behavior will probably change later on.
^ that's fair :)
The buttons in the Download Manager work now
More stuff

Windows Exe: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9505004/DMIDE%20Jar%20Versions/ DMIDE%20Jar%20Exe/DMIDE%201.6.9.5.exe

Other OS's (Windows too): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9505004/DMIDE%20Jar%20Versions/ DMIDE%201.6.9.5.jar

Requires Java SE 7. Get the latest version here (The JRE, not the JDK. The JDK is for development): http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/ index.html

More specificly (Will change later on): http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/ jre-7u3-download-1501631.html

Plugins Pack (Created this out of boredom :3): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9505004/DMIDE%20Jar%20Versions/ Expixel%27s%20Plugins.zip

Using the plugins pack:
After opening DMIDE look at the menu bar and find the plugins menu and click it. Then click Download Plugins Pack, put in the specified link, and wait for the IDE to download the plugins. The Icon Editor plugin is very unstable and experimental so I recommend that you don't try and open any DMI files unless you're feeling very adventurous.

Bugs can be reported here if any are found: http://code.google.com/p/jdmide/issues/list

The dark theme is temporary, I just wanted something easier on my eyes.
I checked it out real quickly, so these are just first impressions. I would prefer a window layout based on your operating system rather then a generalized one. The files on the left hand side looked rather un-organized and included files that were unrelated (.int, .rsc, .dmb), if it has no way of opening the file, it probably shouldn't be there. Saving the opened files from last session would be a nice feature (kind of like .int). I don't particularly like the coloring for some of it, the parentheses should be either very lightly colored, or no coloration, square brackets should be a different color from parentheses and less distinctive. Pink double quotes isn't something I'd like to see throughout my code. #define has no color, or possibly a grey, but it should distinguish itself a little bit more. Finally, I don't understand why some things carry the same colors, like "icon", "view" and "sleep".

I know it's really early and most of that is aesthetics and a matter of opinion, but it stands out to me, so I've noted it. Oh, right, I had trouble compiling, I would hit compile, and when I tried to run it, it would tell me changes were made, and would try to compile again (and would loop). With all that said, I'm still really interested in seeing the project continue and hope to see more soon.
In response to Megablaze
Megablaze wrote:
I checked it out real quickly, so these are just first impressions. I would prefer a window layout based on your operating system rather then a generalized one. The files on the left hand side looked rather un-organized and included files that were unrelated (.int, .rsc, .dmb), if it has no way of opening the file, it probably shouldn't be there. Saving the opened files from last session would be a nice feature (kind of like .int). I don't particularly like the coloring for some of it, the parentheses should be either very lightly colored, or no coloration, square brackets should be a different color from parentheses and less distinctive. Pink double quotes isn't something I'd like to see throughout my code. #define has no color, or possibly a grey, but it should distinguish itself a little bit more. Finally, I don't understand why some things carry the same colors, like "icon", "view" and "sleep".

I know it's really early and most of that is aesthetics and a matter of opinion, but it stands out to me, so I've noted it. Oh, right, I had trouble compiling, I would hit compile, and when I tried to run it, it would tell me changes were made, and would try to compile again (and would loop). With all that said, I'm still really interested in seeing the project continue and hope to see more soon.

You can change the color scheme...
In response to ExPixel
ExPixel wrote:

I looked for that before posting, half the menus don't open, the only thing that opened that might have related to that was under options/preferences, which had nothing to do with color scheme. Either way, the point is to have a good default, if everyone has to change to color scheme, it's pretty troublesome. You might find this to be a low priority, it's just something to note.
In response to Megablaze
Megablaze wrote:
ExPixel wrote:

I looked for that before posting, half the menus don't open, the only thing that opened that might have related to that was under options/preferences, which had nothing to do with color scheme. Either way, the point is to have a good default, if everyone has to change to color scheme, it's pretty troublesome. You might find this to be a low priority, it's just something to note.

It works after you download the plugins pack. Plugins -> Theme -> (Choose your theme). You can also create your own theme by putting it in your themes folder which is located in your plugins folder.
In response to ExPixel
ExPixel wrote:
It works after you download the plugins pack. Plugins -> Theme -> (Choose your theme). You can also create your own theme by putting it in your themes folder which is located in your plugins folder.

Ah, right, that makes sense...
O.O never understood a thing
You might consider an alternative to automagically downloading BYOND to try invoking 'dm'. The PATH var should be the easiest way to configure this. If invoking 'dm' doesn't work, prompt the user for the location of their BYOND installation or let them opt to have you download it for them and then prompt them for the location that they installed it to afterwards.
In response to Audeuro
Audeuro wrote:
You might consider an alternative to automagically downloading BYOND to try invoking 'dm'. The PATH var should be the easiest way to configure this. If invoking 'dm' doesn't work, prompt the user for the location of their BYOND installation or let them opt to have you download it for them and then prompt them for the location that they installed it to afterwards.

I'll just do that then.
Been a while. I took Audeuro's advice in this new version of DMIDE. The code is slightly cleaner than the last version (not that you care). DMEs can be created/edited. Working on an image editor to stuff into the icon editor at the moment (since I can't seem to find a good one in Java).

For now, here ya go: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9505004/JDMIDE/ JDMIDE-0.9.2%28With%20Default%20Plugins%29.zip

Make sure to extract everything and have your Java installation completely up to date.

I had to rewrite this IDE by the way. I did it much faster than last time though, I've had it sitting around on my computer while I did other things. Thought I would just release and show what I have now. Report any bugs here, and I'll get get back to you.
In response to ExPixel
ExPixel wrote:
Been a while. I took Audeuro's advice in this new version of DMIDE. The code is slightly cleaner than the last version (not that you care). DMEs can be created/edited. Working on an image editor to stuff into the icon editor at the moment (since I can't seem to find a good one in Java).

For now, here ya go: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9505004/JDMIDE/ JDMIDE-0.9.2%28With%20Default%20Plugins%29.zip

Make sure to extract everything and have your Java installation completely up to date.

I had to rewrite this IDE by the way. I did it much faster than last time though, I've had it sitting around on my computer while I did other things. Thought I would just release and show what I have now. Report any bugs here, and I'll get get back to you.

Beautiful! I wonder why you made it so you have to click Ctrl+B to compile, wouldn't it be better to imitate the buttons we used to press in BYOND? (Like Ctrl+K)?

I really love it, you're doing an amazing job!
In response to Eternal_Memories
Eternal_Memories wrote:
ExPixel wrote:

Beautiful! I wonder why you made it so you have to click Ctrl+B to compile, wouldn't it be better to imitate the buttons we used to press in BYOND? (Like Ctrl+K)?

I really love it, you're doing an amazing job!

There was already a binding for Ctrl+K in the editor and I wanted to preserve that, but I may be changing back to the good 'ol Ctrl+K in the next version.
- Switching/Opening a .dm file has a small delay, a bit annoying.

- FILE_DIR not working. (Already spoke with you this)
- Cannot edit Maps. (Hope to see this soon)
- Cannot see the Objects tree.
- Being able to customize colors of codefiles. (Looks fine as is, but I'd prefer my own colors)
- The File Tree is a bit weird:

Blade of Fate.dme
- Blade of Fate.dme ---- Appearing twice??
- - Blade of Fate.dm
- - Blade of Fate.dmf

Those are some annoying thigs I've found in it.
Page: 1 2