ID:616357

Keywords: hosting, multikey, server
(See the best response by A.T.H.K.)
Ok this is very strange but i can not join my own server from my other computer.
I am hosting on my desktop and it is reachable by other people (there are 5 players online as i type this) and i can even dual log on the desktop but when i try to connect to it on my laptop (same ISP) it just fails every time. I have asked around and others can do it so hopping someone out there can help me.
Best response
If the other PC is trying to access the game via the HUB link it may not work.

A lot of routers prefer internal address's rather than your IP.

My suggestion would be to find the IP address of the PC that the router has given it.

eg 10.0.0.3 - 192.169.1.12

You can do this by - Start - Run - type in cmd - then type in the black popup - ipconfig (assuming you are on Windows)

The IP would be the IPv4 Address - 10.0.0.78 (is mine)

On the other PC use that address 10.0.0.78:PORTNUMBER (Where port number is the port you specified eg 1234)
and it would be mine is one of the picky ones thanx
So, I'm not really following this.. I know my IP address, But the Dream Deamon doesn't allow you to change you IP address... only the port number.
In response to Kyubikitsune
Btw, If you haven't noticed, I'm having the same problem lol. I'm hosting from my laptop upstairs because it's closer to the router. And my computer downstairs is the one I like to use, But the computer downstairs can't connect to the game that the computer upstairs is hosting. And idk how to change the IP address (EX. 10.0.0.78:PORTNUMBER) Idk how to change the 10.0.0.78(or whatever it is) to my IPaddress of the comp downstairs.
You need to figure out the LAN IP address of the computer hosting DreamDaemon, if it's a Windows machine you need to open command or cmd.

Start > Run > type in cmd
Once a new black window opens type in ipconfig

Post results here.