ID:617172

Resolved
BYOND Version:494.1127
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Opera 11.62
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary: Maps in non-visible windows fail to be rendered until many minutes after making them visible. This occurs only on Windows XP and with both software and hardware mode. Forum_account also encountered the issue on XP Pro.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1) Run this demo.
2) Press F1 to make visible the hidden window.
3) Wait for the map to render.

Expected Results: For the map to be immediately rendered.

Actual Results: The map is not rendered for several minutes.

Workarounds: Make the window visible at compile time and hide it at runtime.
Demo?
Ah, my bad. I fudged the link. It has been corrected.
This occurs only on Windows XP and with both software and hardware mode. Forum_account also encountered the issue on XP Pro.
I don't see this in 493, but I do in 494.1127. Which makes sense because there was a change to the drawing code. Are you certain your original report is correct?
I realize now that I chose 493 for the report, but that's because 494 wasn't available as a selection and it didn't occur to me that I was using the beta version. I had someone else test the Windows 7 version as well, though I'm not sure whether he was using the beta or not. It was four in the morning so it just slipped our minds. I cannot check to see which version I am with my Windows 7 laptop at home, though I'm pretty sure I updated to the beta last week. When I get home, I'll double check.
Okay, thanks. I just want to confirm this is 494 after all; I have a fix for what I found, but if the issue occurs in 493 I'll need to take a further look.
I just downgraded and checked here. It doesn't occur in 493.
I can confirm that this bug is present in 494 and not in 493 as well.
Lummox JR resolved issue