I would have to agree on the flies... they look a little awkward. Looking at the other monsters Zane has made for the game, this fits well. It's not a zombie shooter where there is flesh falling off the bones, SA has a soft and cartoon feel.

How does the animation of the skeleton literally coming to life not add life to the piece? From what I have seen around BYOND most mobs just appear out of thin air, this is unique and different.

"I went about a relatively "new" animation technique called "sub-pixel animating" with this technique I animate using Anti aliasing to create the illusion that the sprite is moving less that one pixel. its mainly used for those subtle animations." -Zane

This was a test.
I find it hard to get a feel for the atmosphere as well, but I assumed it was because it was placed on a white background.
Akto is right that the style doesn't come off as menacing as it should without making it stand out like a sore thumb in-game. I i hadn't expect to get the same sort of atmosphere as a horror game and undead enemies are actually a minority in terms of enemy types.

I have to start cutting corners for the sake of getting enough content in game for a release, so that may have have been a factor. I just don't have the time to spend two days on one animation anymore. with that said, I really appreciated everyone's opinions.

Page: 1 2