You just saved me 10 minutes of my life, Lugia. Bear my children?

I for one think the mods do a terrific job. Especially Stephen. The issue here isn't whether or not mods make needless deletions. The true problem is the fact that Stephen hasn't been promoted or at least had his face featured in a banner on the front page with "Greatest BYOND Moderator of All Time" written on it. If we could please settle down and get to the bottom of this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Once again it has happened while I will admit some of the posts were useless and some weren't...

All by DeathGuard ... "not bullying you" sure.

Is it really against the guideline to ask a user a question...

In this case the poor soul has tried to dual boot Vista and Windows 7 in a failed attempt.

So I asked the usual questions - why the hell you going back to vista? lolwut What does Vista have that seven doesn't...

So what's the issue? the post was in off topic for god sake... You troll the forums like you have nothing else to do... It is somewhat annoying that you can't have a conversation on the forums without having to worry about a post being removed due to the Moderators being able to do WHAT THEY WANT.
Are you denying the entire thread had devolved into the OP getting attacked for his choice of OS? Someone posted a trollface at him for lord's sake.
Half the thread was just you and Kozuma3 going "For Vista?" at the guy over and over.

Lets hope it doesn't get deleted.... oh wait ... haha yea ok nevermind.. I already know the answer.

... For Vista...
You sir are a fool what extras do you really think you were going to get? If anything Vista would be one of the WORST OS's Microsoft has ever made...

Really what did you want out of it? 7 had everything you needed right? the layout is pretty much the same..

Really. If you want to be taken seriously, stop spuriously firing off accusations of bullying and prejudice where none exists.
And that post is not all in one you might want to segment them before other people get the wrong idea ...

"Lets hope it doesn't get deleted.... oh wait ... haha yea ok nevermind.. I already know the answer." - in response to an image uploaded

"... For Vista...
You sir are a fool what extras do you really think you were going to get? If anything Vista would be one of the WORST OS's Microsoft has ever made..." - stating my opinion (OH NO!)

"Really what did you want out of it? 7 had everything you needed right? the layout is pretty much the same.." - A simple question but I am not allowed to ask questions (crap I shouldn't do that again)

Your response to removing the posts was useless and taught me nothing!!

"Kozuma3

Deathguard wrote:
Guys, can we try and keep this civil? I've had to delete a bunch of replies at this point, if I have to do so again I'll just delete the topic.

This is in "Off-Topic" & it's civil , flaunting power I see."

THANK YOU! KOZUMA! OFF TOPIC means OFF TOPIC!

[Moderator]: Please refrain from using profanity in your posts.
It seems that a moderator has removed that post by Kozuma...

Simple because he didn't like it... once again proving the whole entire topic correct they need a guideline a set of rules to teach not only them but ourselves what is right and not right ...
For reference, I removed Kozuma3's last post because it was utterly irrelevant to the topic he posted it in and better suited to the pager or a support ticket.

I'm not sure why you assume that Off Topic means anything-goes, or that we don't moderate there?
This thread has devolved into arguing back and forth about moderation. It hasn't had much relevant discussion for a while now. I'm gonna close it now, and I really don't care if you like it or not -- moderators aren't here to please people, they're here to stop discussions like this from devolving into crap like this one has.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7