Maze

by Travis999
Can you survive your way through the Maze?
ID:64749

My first game ever, now in Alpha testing!

Maze is a fantasy/anime D&D-based MMORPG with a Diablo-esque dungeon atmosphere. There are seven races to choose from, eight classes, and over twenty skills to practice and develop. Maze has the unique realism of a level-less character advancement system! There's some major development happening all the time, so keep stopping by often!

ALL players are strongly urged to check out the forum for more info: http://travisbyond.proboards61.com/index.cgi
(players registered on the forum are also urged to set their display name to match the key they most commonly play with on the game)

Server Platform: Windows Vista x32 SP1 (new server coming eventually)
Server info: AMD Athlon 64 3400+
1Gb RAM, 128Mb VRAM, 100Gb HD
56Mb/sec Wireless-G, business-class Cable broadband

I keep the server up pretty much 24/7, and I welcome all players to test it out. Leave as much feedback as you like, and expect lots of reboots while I'm actively working on the code (usually a few hours each day). Unfortunately, I travel alot, so the game may go down for a day or two every other week or so (on average). Please bear with me until I can get a new PC.

* Progress -
Chat/communication system: FULLY OPERATIONAL
Basic Map size/features: Partially Operational
Basic Player creation/attributes: FULLY OPERATIONAL
Player Save system: FULLY OPERATIONAL
World Save system: TBD
Basic NPCs: Partially Operational
Basic Combat system: Partially Operational
Character development: Partially Operational
Basic items/equipment: Partially Operational
Basic currency/shop system: Partial Currency; shops TBD
Advanced Map size/features: TBD
Advanced Player creation/atributes:   coming soon!
Advanced Combat system: TBD
Advanced NPCs: TBD
Advanced items/equipment: TBD
Advanced currency/shop system: TBD
* TBD = To Be Determined

MOST RECENT UPDATES
2006/12/14 22:00 - Completely restructured savefile system (now allows for more than one character per key!)
2006/12/15 22:30 - With some much appreciated help from Jams, Maze now has an official Forum!
2006/12/19 07:30 - Created Maze's first monsters, and added random item dropping when they die (including gold)!
2006/12/21 06:00 - Change in plans, and now you have races, as well as basic character development!  (see the forum for important info regarding both of these new aspects)
2006/12/25 05:00 - On the eighth day of Christmas, the game Owner brings to you, eight fully functioning classes, there's so much you can do! ;)
2008/7/8 18:00 - The Maze is back! =D

- STAFF -
Travis999 - Owner, Programmer, mapper, and icon artist
Jager - Head GM, and part-time icon artist
Jams Smith - GM, and Head Forum Administrator

Contact Travis if you are interested in joining the staff.