ID:651696

Outlast your friends during the apocalypse. Do what you can to survive by raiding houses and stores for supplies to create your own weapons and fortify your base. Gain money from killing zombies to purchase skill points and crafting recipes. Start off bashing in zombie skulls with baseball bats and sledgehammers and work your way to tearing through hordes with gunfire and explosives.

If you enjoy the game, please consider donating. Any donations will go toward server hosting and regular updates that include bug fixes and new content.

-Thanks for the Support-

SpaceDragonK
Beserkerman1
Turas
Kaiochao
Coroneljones
Jbmalone35

-Suggestions-

SpaceDragonK - Zombies drop items
Adamkad1 - Loot cash registers
Kaiochao - Help with bugs and code
Inffliction - Hit indicators (blood on floor)

Has potential, I think combat is a little clunky and could do with maybe a steady target system and an attack macro so I don't have to click everything. Maybe I'm just bad but hunger deaths all the time. I get where you were going with it though. Guy says he gave me a job but I didn't see any kind of notification or of what the job might've been.
Hunger drains far too quickly, induces deaths way too often.
Hunger drains fast for sprinting. Otherwise it's somewhat manageable.
Can I ask - how did you get the transparency on the heads up displays? Are you using interface elements or not?
Amazing game but:

runtime error: Cannot read null.bpbought
proc name: updatebp (/mob/proc/updatebp)
usr: null
src: SpaceDragonK (/mob/survivor)
call stack:
SpaceDragonK (/mob/survivor): updatebp()
SpaceDragonK (/mob/survivor): updateinv()
SpaceDragonK (/mob/survivor): deaddrop()
SpaceDragonK (/mob/survivor): deathcheck()
SpaceDragonK (/mob/survivor): updateinfection()
SpaceDragonK (/mob/survivor): updateinfection()
In response to Lugia319
The targeting is very basic, it just adds an overlay to the enemy under the user's cursor so it moves with the zombie (I tried looking into the cursor changing with targeting but as I recall, I don't believe it is possible - could be wrong). Finding food greatly helps preventing you from starving to death and it is a good idea to think of sprinting as getting away and not getting around. Jobs are posted under your jobs tab with a demand.
In response to SpaceDragonK
thanks for the report, should be an easy fix. can you replicate this? if so how?
In response to KickingKangaroo
I am not much of a pro at this coding but if you are talking about it not being clickable, you just need to add "mouse_opacity=0" so it will ignore it. hope that is what you were looking for.
In response to Mechanical Demon
scavenging for food is a must and you should try to sprint as little as possible.
The game looks promising, for sure. I like that it has sound effects.

Your post-apocalyptic toilets appear to be in pristine condition.

I don't know how I found an entire "Stop Sign" in a toolbox.

I can't figure out what matches are for. When I try to make a fire, the sound effect plays and a match is used up, but nothing shows up onscreen.

The combat's fine, I think. I'd like to see how ranged weapons work, but the best I've found was a fire axe.

I keep getting infected by the exploding zombies. I haven't been able to tell them apart, but maybe I just need to pay more attention. I also haven't figured out how to get uninfected. Bandages didn't help it and I couldn't eat food.

It's been a while since I played a game that didn't allow diagonal movement (by holding two directional keys simultaneously). Is this on purpose?

@KickingKangaroo: The HUD (health, hunger, hotbar) appears to all be screen objects. You can stretch the map from the Options & Messages window using .winset and the HUD will stretch with it. Also, the grass will probably look derpy if you change the scaling at all.

About the runtime error: I can't say much from just the runtime error, but you might try checking if you're ever using usr in mob.updatebp(), or looking at any other occurrence of the 'bpbought' variable and seeing when its object might be null.
In response to Kaiochao
I am glad you like the sound effects, I had fun making them. I will have to launch a server this weekend. I actually have gunfire volume based on distance (closer you are to a gun shot the louder it will be) and this process is real time. You can actually find smoke detectors and use them to distract zombies so again, further away the quieter it becomes.

stop signs are a crafting material... yes... the stop sign axe has to be my favorite melee weapon, either that or the doorknob flail :P

Matches won't always light a fire and fire is only used to cook ravioli, soup, and meat.

I'm very happy with my ranged system. Hold the mouse over a zombie and you'll start to target them. Once the green circle shows up on them you will have a chance at a headshot, the odds are dependent on the weapon. Then of course, click to shoot. Unloading is not a good idea, unless the gun is full auto. If it's full auto there will be no targeting, the gun will fire as fast as possible. Also, loud projectiles increase the rate that zombies will spawn around you.

Exploding ones wear redish shirts.

You can only stop the infection from getting worse if you have max healing skill points.

I didn't want diagonal movement since you technically move twice as fast :/
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:

@KickingKangaroo: The HUD (health, hunger, hotbar) appears to all be screen objects. You can stretch the map from the Options & Messages window using .winset and the HUD will stretch with it. Also, the grass will probably look derpy if you change the scaling at all.

Thanks I will look into it, so far my game has mainly used square on screen buttons and labels from the interface to get what I am trying to do but wanted to know for the future. Thank you!
The money loss on death is insane. The game needs some kind of bank or money storage. Also why i cant check cash registers
In response to Adamkad1
The money loss is there to encourage you to stay alive. That may sound silly but if it weren't there then there wouldn't be a reason to not want to die. I had thought about being able to store money but that would just defeat the purpose of the point I just made. The number one goal in the game is to stay alive.

As for cash registers, that is kind of a tricky answer. For one the power is out in the town and in order to open them there would have to be power. Not only that but you would also have to know a sign on and password. Similar could be said about safes in the town as well but it is the decision that I came to. Cash is supposed to be an alternative to XP so I left it strictly to killing zombies.
In response to Halloween14
Halloween14 wrote:

As for cash registers, that is kind of a tricky answer. For one the power is out in the town and in order to open them there would have to be power. Not only that but you would also have to know a sign on and password.

I don't know though... baseball bats could probably do the trick too.

In response to KickingKangaroo
I may look into it that way but it will definitely damage the users weapon pretty bad... actually I will do that but the you will HAVE to use a crowbar
In response to Halloween14
Sounds like a fair compromise :)
and if you get hit by zombie once you are pretty downer unless you got fat healing
In response to Adamkad1
It is meant to be that way. You have to learn to keep your distance while fighting zombies. I understand that this can be an issue with any laptop (can't use the trackpad while press a key) so anybody using a laptop should invest in a usb mouse.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6