Sum-Sum Productions wrote:
The music for the game is very... MIDI. If you need music made specifically for NEStalgia, I have a guy that can help.

Aside from that, awesome game.
50 hours of straight gaming, here I go.

You are aware that almost all BYOND games use MIDIs right?
Sum-Sum Productions wrote:
The music for the game is very... MIDI. If you need music made specifically for NEStalgia, I have a guy that can help.

Aside from that, awesome game.
50 hours of straight gaming, here I go.

It's supposed to be midi-like... Fits in with the whole, y'know, NES side of things.
I have come across a bug I thought I'd bring to your attention.

I have sold two items on the marketplace, but was not given the gold for them. I talked to the ladies at the counter, but that didn't seem to do anything. Also, I checked the bank, but that did nothing as well. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, I noticed one of the items I sold is still listed on the marketplace. Thought I'd bring that to your attention.

Other than that, amazing game. Great job fellas.
Ok how do I beat the "create character"-screen

I can't click anything
It says "you have to login"
There are no login prompts what-so-ever and I am already logged into BYOND...
FloppY89 wrote:
Ok how do I beat the "create character"-screen

Hmmm... it sounds like you might be on one of the servers that is getting hit hard by the influx of logins. If you've already got BYOND installed, try clicking one of these links to join a different server:

Cornelia: byond://173.255.215.67:51076
Algol: byond://173.255.215.67:51079
Zenithia: byond://173.255.215.67:51073
Hey, just wondering-- where did the... Kaldar server go (I think it was Kaldar)? I had a character there but I can't find the server anymore, so I'm afraid he might be gone.

Not that that's a terrible travesty or anything, I'd just like to know that ahead of time so I know if I need to/should restart.
SirFuzzi wrote:
Hey, just wondering-- where did the... Kaldar server go (I think it was Kaldar)? I had a character there but I can't find the server anymore, so I'm afraid he might be gone.

The Kaldan server is currently being moved to another machine, but will be back online within 10-20 minutes. Sorry for the delay!
Silk,

I just played around for a while on the Norwood server. When I went to relog in, my lvl 5 Soldier is gone. Any clue what happened?
Fierboy wrote:
I just played around for a while on the Norwood server. When I went to relog in, my lvl 5 Soldier is gone. Any clue what happened?

Are you *sure* that you were on Norwood? The save system has been very reliable - but we can try to help you if you can't find your save.
Just to be safe, I logged in all non-private servers to check. The only other char created was a level 1 that I didn't play the day that the servers were massively laggy.

In short, I am 99.9% sure I was on Norwood.
Fierboy wrote:
Just to be safe, I logged in all non-private servers to check. The only other char created was a level 1 that I didn't play the day that the servers were massively laggy.

In short, I am 99.9% sure I was on Norwood.

I'll level you a character back up to 5 if you'd like. Just log back into Norwood (or whichever server you choose) on that key and I'll hook you up.

It wouldn't show that this was posted so...

If I want to sign up for a one-year subscription first, will it auto-renew every year, and if so, how do you cancel, if need be?
Fierboy wrote:
If I want to sign up for a one-year subscription first, will it auto-renew every year, and if so, how do you cancel, if need be?

It will not auto-renew. You renew manually, so no worries about that.
OK, Silk or Balzack, if you wouldn't mind boosting me back to where I was, I went on the Hakaimo server, player name Cumal
So I got my character created and everything but kind of wish that I had paid the subscription fee to get the alternate costumes/looks. Is there anyway to go back and edit your character after you completed the character creation and played for a while?
8-Bit Slayer wrote:
So I got my character created and everything but kind of wish that I had paid the subscription fee to get the alternate costumes/looks. Is there anyway to go back and edit your character after you completed the character creation and played for a while?

The specialty vendor in the second town sells a "Sacred Scroll of Rebirth" that allows you to recustomize your character. That said, all of the extra customization for subscribers comes from dyes and masks found or bought within the game itself.
Hey paid the fee and nothing happened, the wallet says I paid but nothing in the game.
Jlineman953 wrote:
Hey paid the fee and nothing happened, the wallet says I paid but nothing in the game.

You have to "relog" - disconnect and reconnect to the server for the subscription to activate.
So if I played this for a while before, and now I can't remember which server I was playing on, do I really have to go through each of the 14 servers one-by-one until I find the one that lists my character? Isn't there a better way to handle that? Or is it a limitation of byond?
MattLohkamp wrote:
I can't remember which server I was playing on, do I really have to go through each of the 14 servers one-by-one until I find the one that lists my character? Isn't there a better way to handle that?

There is definitely a better way to handle that, and we're working on it. We never thought that we'd need so many servers, so we're playing catchup with features like that.

If you open up the BYOND Pager (Program Files>BYOND>BYOND) and click on the "Bookmarks" menu, it should have a list of recent servers you've joined. The last server you were in will be listed at the top.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 16