NEStalgia

by Silk Games
NEStalgia
A unique MORPG inspired by the gameplay of classic console RPGs
I've a problem. the game runs very slow. what can i do?
Yourgod99 wrote:
I've a problem. the game runs very slow. what can i do?

Unfortunately certain servers are getting bombed right now by all of the new logins. "Shrenwold" in particular is super laggy at the moment.

You can browse the server list to look for a faster server: http://www.silkgames.com/nestalgia/live.php

We'll be bringing more servers online as needed - we're scrambling to accommodate demand.
So when I click on any game server, nothing happens. Its as if I didnt click on anything at all. This happens in all browser types that I have (Google chrome, internet explorer and safari). What gives?
Jeffburns wrote:
So when I click on any game server, nothing happens. Its as if I didnt click on anything at all. This happens in all browser types that I have (Google chrome, internet explorer and safari). What gives?

You did install BYOND didn't you? Can't play a BYOND game without dream seeker installed.
Yea, I installed it, played NEStalgia last night, have a character saved and everything. Even when I right click to try to open the link in another tab, all it offers is to save the image. Could this be a server issue?
Jeffburns wrote:
Yea, I installed it, played NEStalgia last night, have a character saved and everything. Even when I right click to try to open the link in another tab, all it offers is to save the image. Could this be a server issue?

I'm not sure exactly what the issue might be... However, you can also locate a game server using the BYOND Pager. Open up BYOND (Program Files>BYOND>BYOND), log in and then click on the "Games" tab. You'll find NEStalgia under "BYOND RPG" and then be able to join your server from there.
When I log out and return to play I have to create a charator all over again? Is there no save feature to the game?
Blazingbolt wrote:
When I log out and return to play I have to create a charator all over again? Is there no save feature to the game?

You have likely logged into a different server. Characters autosave, but your savefile is stored on the particular server that you play on.
so the charator I create on works on the first server I play on?
Blazingbolt wrote:
so the charator I create on works on the first server I play on?

Each server has its own savefiles, so whatever server you played on is where you'll find your missing characters.

We're looking into sharing savefiles across all servers, or at least setting up an automated transfer system at some point. In the meantime you should probably just pick a server and stick with it :)
So when we get into a game can we form our own guilds? Or will we be forced to join one thats already on the Server? I only ask because I am ready to join a Server yet my friend wont be joining till later on and we want to be able to create our own Guild
8-Bit Slayer wrote:
So when we get into a game can we form our own guilds?

Creating your own guild requires a subscription. You can create a guild on any server. Subscription Info: http://www.silkgames.com/nestalgia/subscription.html

Non-subscribers can join guilds; they just can't create them.
ok so thats not too bad. 8 bucks a year. So let me ask this...does just one person in the guild need to have a paid subscription or does everyone in the guild need one in order to take advantage of all the extras....

and also, are there any NPC's that we can get to join our group like in a traditional Dragon Warrior type game on the NES where we can tell them what to do in battle, or is this all just real time real people that can join our party and help fight.
8-Bit Slayer wrote:
does just one person in the guild need to have a paid subscription or does everyone in the guild need one in order to take advantage of all the extras....

Just one person, so you could technically just have the person who is going to lead the guild get the subscription. Apart from that non-subs can have full rank privileges etc. in guilds.

8-Bit Slayer wrote:
is this all just real time real people that can join our party and help fight.

We've discussed putting NPC party members in the game for future releases, but for the time being you need to party up with other players.
Sweet and final question...for now lol. If I pay the subscription fee, does everyone in my guild get access to the extra character classes etc...or is that just me because I paid for the subscription.
8-Bit Slayer wrote:
Sweet and final question...for now lol. If I pay the subscription fee, does everyone in my guild get access to the extra character classes etc...or is that just me because I paid for the subscription.

Just you :)
Just you on your key. Other people will have to sign up for their own subscriptions. Or if you are feeling generous you can gift them.
Hey silk how do we get transferred into the reddit browser? did i miss my chance already?
Major_Science wrote:
Hey silk how do we get transferred into the reddit browser? did i miss my chance already?

I believe that Airjoe is orchestrating that, and it hasn't be done yet. I think he's taking requests here, or that he wants people to PM him on reddit or something: http://www.reddit.com/r/NEStalgia/comments/frmml/ access_to_the_reddit_server/
The music for the game is very... MIDI. If you need music made specifically for NEStalgia, I have a guy that can help.

Aside from that, awesome game.
50 hours of straight gaming, here I go.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16