NEStalgia

by Silk Games
NEStalgia
A unique MORPG inspired by the gameplay of classic console RPGs
So, I created a character, got him to level 5, then logged out. Reconnected to the same server a few minutes later, and...my character is now missing.

Following the comment below, it'd seem that the server I originally told it to connect to isn't the server it actually connected to.

To add on to the bottom comment, would there be a way to insert an aesthetic asterisk * on a game server where character data is detected for that account?
So here's a few tips on actually keeping your character in check. If you log into a server, first check that you didn't log in as a guest. Guests cannot save. This is checked by merely looking in the text box when you log in. It normally says that you have logged in. If it says guest has logged in, you are logged in as a guest and cannot save nor have any save file on that character.

Also folks, if you really can't remember what server you logged into...you don't have to go around demanding everyone should cater to your needs because you are lazy. Write the server name down. When you go to log onto a server and are asking yourself where you logged on...check your list!
Hey, I clicked the link to connect to Zenithia and was instead connected to Efrain. Nothing I can really do about that, especially when the dialog box on the right doesn't tell you what server you connected to, just that you connected.

Also, is there a way to make it remember the previous window size? I don't want to maximize it and it gets annoying having to make the window larger each time I play.
Could u guys make a Real-Time battling version of this game instead of Turn-based ?
Really nice RPG game with friendly community.
Kb64x wrote:
Could u guys make a Real-Time battling version of this game instead of Turn-based ?

That kind of defeats a core purpose of this game, since the standard setup of the renowned 8-bit era rpgs were turn based battles.
I remember when this game had a core of around 20 players like 5 months ago, congratulations on the success Silk Games. The game is amazing.
Is there any way to check server status? I was playing on the Algol server when all of a sudden I couldn't move, log out, or do anything... now I and all my friends can't log in. We are also subscribers.
Blackwrensniper wrote:
Is there any way to check server status? I was playing on the Algol server when all of a sudden I couldn't move, log out, or do anything... now I and all my friends can't log in. We are also subscribers.

Sorry for the inconvenience, that server got hit by a bug we've never seen before. It's back online now though.

You can use the BYOND program to keep track of the live servers by adding NEStalgia (silkgames.nestalgia) to your "Games" tab.
Hey all, I had made a character earlier today on the Shrenwold server. After logging out and logging in later on, he has dissapeared, and I am getting a message "Unable to open cache file." when I log in.

Is my character lost to me?
Zeno1Gias wrote:
Is my character lost to me?

It sounds like you've been hit with some sort of BYOND error (we've seen it pop up once or twice before). I'll try to figure out what the problem is, and rest assured that your characters are fine and we'll try to get you fixed ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Zeno, let's have you clear your BYOND cache. Here are the steps:

Open BYOND (the BYOND pager)

Go to File > Preferences

Click on the Games tab

Click the Clear Cache button

Restart your computer
Shihan42 wrote:
I can't seem to adjust the sound volume. I keep getting a message saying that I need to log in to adjust the volume.

There is no way to adjust the volume from within the game. If you're referring to the "F4" Music/Sound toggle button, the game is telling you to load a character file before you can use it.

Hope that helps!
Hi there Silk! I really did not expect to get so addicted in NEStalgia, thanks for the memories! I just wanted to make a suggestion, I started playing this week and just now realized that I could have chosen a Blessing Moon that would benefit me more. The problem is that I'm advanced in the game and don't want to start again, I have suggested the implementation of an NPC that could make the change of the Moon Blessing, something like a 'dragon moon statue'. It could be a function for subscribers only and also an incentive for non-members. Maybe you can help me, sorry about the possible english errors, thanks.
We need more games like this! Really nice RPG game.
IXI-Felix-IXI wrote:
Hi there Silk! I really did not expect to get so addicted in NEStalgia, thanks for the memories! I just wanted to make a suggestion, I started playing this week and just now realized that I could have chosen a Blessing Moon that would benefit me more. The problem is that I'm advanced in the game and don't want to start again, I have suggested the implementation of an NPC that could make the change of the Moon Blessing, something like a 'dragon moon statue'. It could be a function for subscribers only and also an incentive for non-members. Maybe you can help me, sorry about the possible english errors, thanks.

An upcoming content patch will introduce items that will allow you to change your moon blessing and repick milestone choices.
Are you guys doing updates today or something? It won't let me in to any of the servers...
Thank you for your help! the Silk team got to me through email and gave me a suggestion which cleared everything right up!

Shrenwold must have been having problems and it was redirecting people to other servers, so I found my character perfectly fine at his level on the Mardeck server.

If anyone else has this problem, just check each server one by one to see if your character is there.
The server i was on, Karus has disappeared entirely. First it froze while I was on it this morning, then I could not connect, now it is gone. I am rather disheartened and wondering what is going on, since I do not see any information about this.
Kikyoo wrote:
The server i was on, Karus has disappeared entirely. First it froze while I was on it this morning, then I could not connect, now it is gone. I am rather disheartened and wondering what is going on, since I do not see any information about this.

Sorry, Krasus is down and we're trying to bring it back up. It should be up within the hour, if not sooner!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16