ID:65633

I've installed MGMaps on my mobile phone today. With it, you should be able to see where I am during the SPEZI 2009 tour roughly every 2 hours or so, via http://www.gmap-track.com/user.php?user=digitalmouse.

Where-ever my position is displayed, I should be within 20-25 km (about 12-15 miles) of that point along the route I'm following (see the SPEZI post above, or scroll down this page a bit). My plan is to update my position when I stop for a break every 2 hours. If the position doesn't move for more than 4 hours, then I'm probably sleeping.

No guarantee that this will work, as it will try to report via a wireless internet access point then via the mobile phone's cell network. The later might be expensive, so I've set the auto-reporting at 2 hours (in case I forget to shut the GPS off) to keep the cost down. We'll see how long the pre-paid money lasts. At worst case, I'll update the position manually when I have internet access at a cafe somewhere.
I can't help but feel creepy zooming in from orbit...
Neat-o =)
my only complaint (currently) is that the embedded map leaves one of the map menus in a 'dropped down' state in Firefix 3.0.x - obscuring some of the map, and possibly my location too.