HUD Groups

by Forum_account
An easy way to manage screen objects.
ID:665950

Keywords: hud
Hi there, I'm helping someone create a game and there are teams in this game and I have a working HUD using your library for the player, but I need to make the HUD include a bit for each team member as well.

Teams are defined just as a datum named Team and the members are kept in a list named members. The HUD for the player includes a HP bar, an XP bar, there name and level(I did this by using the built in text variable for a HudObject) and a picture representing there character.

I have tried everything I can think of to get the team HUD working(it includes the same as the player HUD) but when ever I do it just creates a non-updating HUD for the player not the team member.

Would you please be able to show me how you would do this as I am completely stumped and it really is demotivating not being able to do something.
You can show a HudGroup object to multiple clients. You can give each mob their own HudGroup that contains their HP/XP bars and picture and show them to their teammates by calling hudGroup.add(some_client) for each player on their team. You just have to make sure they're placed in different parts of the screen so they don't overlap.