I don't get my jollies out of pointing out peoples stupid, but I sure do make a point of doing it.

You can see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.
Curious how many times you've insulted a forum mod, Silkwizard. I remember not too long ago in a thread Alathon locked where you were being quite the prick to Nadrew.

Last I looked, developer forums count as being public.

Or do you count just being a sarcastic asshole in a public area as not getting your rocks off on ridiculing people?
Tiberath wrote:
Curious how many times you've insulted a forum mod, Silkwizard. I remember not too long ago in a thread Alathon locked where you were being quite the prick to Nadrew.

Poor Nadrew. He came out of nowhere and started outright insulting me. Knowing that he's not that bright, I chose to toy with him instead of engaging him.

I often refer to the BYOND Staff as being incompetent in general; I had absolutely nothing to say to Alathon specifically until he misused his moderator power in that thread.

All of this is consistent with what I just said below:

"nor do I ever get into it with someone unless they start slinging mud at me first. Even when that happens, I usually end up ignoring them and forgetting that they even exist."

Tiberath wrote:
Last I looked, developer forums count as being public.
Or do you count just being a sarcastic asshole in a public area as not getting your rocks off on ridiculing people?

Again, you're twisting around an unrelated situation to fit your argument. If Nadrew had sent me a private correspondence about the matter, I would have responded in private (or probably ignored him). Instead he chose to publicly attack me, opening himself up for a public rebuttal.
Is that so? Wow, if you even classify those comments as insulting, you're far more touchy than I would have thought.

And if that's all it takes to get you going, I'd love to see how you react when someone really starts having a go at you. (By having a go, I of course mean something better than poor humour, just so we're clear.)

So, where did you stash the body of the guy who made a negative comment on your tie? =)
Tiberath wrote:
Is that so? Wow, if you even classify those comments as insulting, you're far more touchy than I would have thought.

I wasn't insulted by what Nadrew said; I was amused by his out-of-the-blue attack. Nadrew is a well-known compulsive liar, his initial reply was a hilarious example of him living in his own twisted reality. You don't know the full history of my relationship with Nadrew, and so you don't have the proper context.

I'm not "touchy" at all. If I were, I don't think that I could handle being BYOND's most infamous developer ;)
SilkWizard wrote:
I'm not "touchy" at all. If I were, I don't think that I could handle being BYOND's most infamous developer ;)

Oh now, that's a tough call to make. If you really do hold that title, there certainly are others trying desperately hard to take it.
Tiberath wrote:
Oh now, that's a tough call to make. If you really do hold that title, there certainly are others trying desperately hard to take it.

Meh, they can have it. Besides, all of the attention I get from the BYONDers who hate me goes to waste, because I rarely even see it, and I don't bother myself with it (which may actually incite them even more). Oh the internet.
SilkWizard wrote:

Mmmm, I guess that depends on how we'd go about measuring that. You manage to attract the disdain of the kings, barons and knights in BYOND's funny little psuedo-feudal system, but I don't think you make good gossip for the serfs. Incidentally, I'm still waiting for the tract of land that should probably go with the position I typically fill. Being a baron like Masterdan or Audeuro is so much cooler than being a knight like me or Tiberath.
Its funny that all the BYOND moderators come jumping to backup other moderators. It's actually very propaganda-esque.
Kalzar wrote:
Its funny that all the BYOND moderators come jumping to backup other moderators. It's actually very propaganda-esque.

Well, by all here, I assume we mean 1 out of 12+.
Stephen001 wrote:
You manage to attract the disdain of the kings, barons and knights in BYOND's funny little psuedo-feudal system, but I don't think you make good gossip for the serfs.

haha! True. I've never thought of BYOND in terms of a feudal system, but that's a surprisingly accurate way to describe it.
Stephen001 wrote:
Kalzar wrote:

No, I meant you, Tiberath, Foomer, and whoever else is going to come chime in.
Kalzar wrote:

I don't think I've defended or backed up anyone thus far.
Kalzar wrote:
Stephen001 wrote:
Kalzar wrote:

Foomer made a passing comment, and Stephen replied to you.

So really, the only forum mods who have anything really to do with this post is Digi and myself. So you count two mods as us swooping in for the kill, as they say?
You're right, but it has turned into a SilkWizard bashing. Similar to how when I would start making fun of someone, I would IM Xeal, Eric or anyone else in Propaganda and they would come defend me or help out.

Honestly, you guys all need to grow up, some of you are older than most of the community. Digi, you're like 50, come on, do you really get joy from making fun of kids almost 1/5 your age?
@Kalzar

It probably wasn't an unreasonable assumption, as it's kinda natural for groups to look out for their own. The bit where it falls over in practice is the fact that not all of us moderators (there are quite a lot, if I recall, some of them perhaps still friends of yours, Kalzar) get on with each other all that well. It's just we manage to keep it civil and focus on our more formal interaction as moderators.

If it helps set stuff straight, I'm not bashing Silk, because I plain haven't seen anything I could feel motivated to bash here. We hold pretty different views on most worldly matters I suspect, but they hold little to no bearing on our opinions about BYOND.
Kalzar wrote:
Honestly, you guys all need to grow up, some of you are older than most of the community. Digi, you're like 50, come on, do you really get joy from making fun of kids almost 1/5 your age?

I suppose its just like assuming on someones behalf what they do or don't get the jollies out of.

I find it beyond ironic that someone from Propaganda is actually trying to strike at an individual who made a rather mild post. And since when has the internet or its denizens ever even attempted to prohibit calling people out when they're doing stupid things?

Hows the air up in thems lands, where no mirrors exist?
The difference is, we're don't IM eachother. The only mod I actually have an out of BYOND contact with is Nadrew.

On BYOND, I only see Alathon and Stephen in Chatters. So we're hardly dashing to each others defence.

And besides, do you think age is so relatively that you'll treat a thirteen year olds opinion differently to a twenty year olds? Even if the thirteen year old makes a solid point? The truly unbiased are the ones who don't let age restrictions effect them at all. Be it cyber acceptance or cyber beatings. =)
Alathon wrote:
Kalzar wrote:

I suppose its just like assuming on someones behalf what they do or don't get the jollies out of.

I find it beyond ironic that someone from Propaganda is actually trying to strike at an individual who made a rather mild post. And since when has the internet or its denizens ever even attempted to prohibit calling people out when they're doing stupid things?

Alathon, after all the talks that we've had I would think you might be one of the last people to post something like that. Even though the members of Propaganda have a bad reputation, we've been pretty spot on calling it how we see it. Whether it be with Lummox, Masterdan, Tiberath or just the random troll that says something stupid. But for the most part, as a group of 16-17 year olds (when we first started Propaganda) who were looking for some laughs, we have matured to the point where we don't do it anymore. I'm not sure about Xeal and Eric but I know I've moved on from that bullshit, and so have a couple other members.

So the real irony is that a bunch of 18 year olds have matured more than people who are supposed to leading this community.

and @Stephen,
Thanks for the reminder. I know I still have some friends as moderators, but I really just don't care. My opinion still stands. People hold grudges from situations that they weren't even apart of. This whole SilkWizard vs The entire BYOND administration thing has been going on for some time now and he posted a reasonable argument and people needed to come and start talking about unrelated instances. I'm pretty sure we could agree on that at least.

The fact that you think you can measure maturity in such a short time-span and in such a short example is odd.

The fact that you feel the need to try and thrust maturity in the face of others equally so.

The fact that you're defending 'calling it how we see it' in the same comment that you're attacking someone else for doing the same exact thing, is hypocritical at best.

The only people who have jumped to conclusions in this thread/block of comments happen to be you and SilkWizard; and given the past, that doesn't strike me as unusual. Oh look, another row of comments from Propaganda/SilkWizard commenting on Moderators. Sorry, I made an assumption too there.

Call me jaded, but you've made the reputation that you hold. And when you go and reinforce that reputation by repeating it, then its hardly fair to insinuate that I'm both immature and presumptuous.
Page: 1 2 3 4