ID:675260

Resolved
BYOND Version:494
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Premium
Web Browser:Chrome 18.0.1025.162
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:Whenever you attempt to import a png into a dmi file it does not create any icons; it simply acts like you never attempted to import anything at all.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:1) Go into Dream Maker in the latest beta version of BYOND.
2) Create a .dmi file, or go into an existing one and attempt to import a png.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:The png being split into the appropriate icons within the .dmi file.

Actual Results:No icon or effect from importing at all.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers? Not tested.

When does the problem NOT occur? It always occurs.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) The latest stable release does not have this problem. The latest and previous beta builds definitely do.

Workarounds: Copying and pasting the image from a program like windows paint into the .dmi.

Can you provide a sample .png this happens with? It's also important to know if you were using the "use size from file" checkbox or not, and what the size was set to. Also, I need to know the map_format of your project.
Actually scratch that. I found the problem, so I don't need an example.
Ah, excellent. I doubt it matters then, but just in case my map_format should be the default one. I've tried it with the .dmi set on a 32x32 size, and a 64x64 size, each had the size from file box checked but grayed out of course. The .png is 96x160 in size, as well.
Lummox JR resolved issue
I'm going to bump this because I've been encountering the same problem.
Attempting to import fails and results in no change in the icon whatsoever.
I am running Windows 7 and am attempting to import .png files.

I am running 494.1131
The thread says the issue was resolved with version 494.1032
That should be 494.1132 (now corrected) so download the latest and try again.