Epic

by Yut Put
Epic
Explore epic dungeons and slay epic foes with your friends in a huge, epic fantasy action RPG world.
ID:675951

Come at me, bro.

As promised, it's here. I almost feel like this isn't 100% complete even though we met all of our benchmarks and tested it rigorously. I guess I just still feel like adding more and more and more to the game, but if I did that then it would never be released :)

NOTE:

2 patches released 4/17/2012 to mend bugs having to do with the "Call from the Past" and "Timeshatter" dungeons along with some other small issues. Also, you must now become a fan to gain access to the side dungeons and dungeons you must do/have completed now have little indicators above their portals to provide a better sense of direction.

another patch released fixing a problem with summons, arrows hitting friendlies and not passing over them, and some dungeon related issues along with the Clockwerk map + music. This is the last patch for 0.7, now it's time to get to work on 0.8!

HOORAY FOR MODERATELY ACCURATE CHANGELOGS!

additions

gallax dungeons
sirius themed gallax side dungeon(REALLY COOL)
spacebar to run(+3 speed)
hold attack key for 1.5 seconds to enable spin attack when releasedqqq(damage all in weapon range with crit)
other other key not used by greatsword to guard
add functionality for "other key" sensing by items(like a use2 proc)
spear trap
electric charge powers up power boxes once
greatsword shielding
ice turf(stops the slow_down() proc)
normal npcs that can be talked to just for lore
secret power switches added
enemies added
new AOE added
t to take all keys/gold/wire in chest
tab to view self inventory while viewing a chest/dead enemy
weapon rotation, rotation origin, and offset added to engine
shield bump animation

changes

-renamed all quests
-added the ability for AI to use spells to the engine, remapped Empire Demon's hitbox and gave him the Plague and Chaos spells
-added the ability to lift up movable power boxes above your head by pressing E which allows you to carry them until you get hurt/press E again/leave a dungeon
-added ground markings at the start area saying "WASD" around the player which instantly informs them how to move
-fixed spear stand/torch stand density to be 0 so players don't get stuck on them
C to place wire as hotkey, x to remove
selling tip sign in d2
vanity item slot converted to a list and vanity items unequipped if clicked while equipped
signs describing sneak crit, bow crit, and sword crit and gsword shielding
all the 0.7 art
balanced bows
made spin more intuitive

fixes

-fixed how king's scepter is crafted
bow charging spammable if you tap the key right
shield bumping stuns the player
infinite mp
the layer of the background image in the start area
the crappy gear art from 0.6 and in the dark elf gea
the color palette issues matt introduced
fixed problem with vocare animalia
rez bug workarounds
AI attacking dead players
space robot clone
AI activating pressure pads

A little trivia:

-There are exactly 510 unique items currently in the game.

-There are exactly 156 unique enemies in the game.

-There are exactly 96 unique abilities in the game.

-There are exactly 41 complete and polished dungeons in the game.

-There are exactly 24 quests in the game.

-There are 56 references to rabbits in the game.

-And one of the code errors I got while writing up the procedure to count all of those values was a typo of typesof which spelled it as "typoesof"
Looks great. When will them host files be released for this version? I can't wait to play.
The host files are available. You can play it now.