ID:67616

Keywords: misc
I want to start making games on flash. Primarily porting the ones I've already worked on (since most of the required art would be finished).

Companies pay to sponsor flash games, this just means putting their logo on there and allow them to distribute the game. And they have paid a good amount of money to do so.

So if anyone has the skills to make games on flash, post here with some examples of your work... I need a partner.
Heheh, I remember working with actionscript, I left after writing my first crosshair :D
I've worked with Actionscript 2
(or was it Actionscript 3? Whichever was the first one that was object oriented)

That was a bit over a year ago, though, so I'm pretty rusty.

I'm currently looking into developing games on the iPhone. Sadly, there are a number of barriers to enter that market. Namely, I don't own a Mac to develop on. It's a $700 investment to get into the business ($600 Mac Mini and $100 developer license for releasing apps into the App Store), but I think the returns are much higher than flash games.

On top of that, the iPhone is a FAR more capable platform than Flash. :P
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
(or was it Actionscript 3? Whichever was the first one that was object oriented)

Actionscript 2 and 3 aren't much different, 3 is just more capable and has tiny syntax differences.

D4RK3 54B3R wrote:

That was a bit over a year ago, though, so I'm pretty rusty.

I'm currently looking into developing games on the iPhone. Sadly, there are a number of barriers to enter that market. Namely, I don't own a Mac to develop on. It's a $700 investment to get into the business ($600 Mac Mini and $100 developer license for releasing apps into the App Store), but I think the returns are much higher than flash games.

On top of that, the iPhone is a FAR more capable platform than Flash. :P

Yep, Iphone games are a pretty dandy market to get into, unfourtunalty i'm on the same boat.

Do you have any projects floatings around?
Tayoko wrote:
Do you have any projects floatings around?

The only projects that I have floating around are BYOND projects. My old flash stuff is long gone (a la harddrive failure sometime last feburary).
hrnn.. no takers eh?
AH HA! I HAVE FOUND AN ALTERNATIVE TO MY SOLUTION. I WILL DUAL BOOT MY ALIENWARE LAPTOP WITH iDENEB 10.5.6 AND INSTALL THE XCODE IDE THERE.

THEN I ONLY HAVE TO PAY $100 FOR THE DEVELOPER LICENSE.

Huzzah. :]

In any case, about the Flash thing...
Sucks. :P
in case you're still looking, i can help you out, but you need to know my rates.

you see, programming is hard work, i spend a lot of time making my codes very carefully, so i charge $1 to $3 per character, depending on how far away from home row it is on the keyboard.

the price also increases sharply when forming syntactical words, since the IDE's syntax highlighter always turns them bright colors which hurt my delicate eyes.

you should expect to pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for each block of code. for example, if you wanted me to make a chat game, it'd probably be around $2,000 - $2,500
Zaole wrote:
in case you're still looking, i can help you out, but you need to know my rates.

you see, programming is hard work, i spend a lot of time making my codes very carefully, so i charge $1 to $3 per character, depending on how far away from home row it is on the keyboard.

the price also increases sharply when forming syntactical words, since the IDE's syntax highlighter always turns them bright colors which hurt my delicate eyes.

you should expect to pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for each block of code. for example, if you wanted me to make a chat game, it'd probably be around $2,000 - $2,500

Cute little joke.

Ignorance <3 hehe. So cute.
*stomps feet angrily*

i'm not cute! >:(