ID:676292

Poll: I'm creating a fan game, what would you most like to see?

Dragonball Z 6% (1)
Naruto 12% (2)
Bleach 0% (0)
Avatar: The Last Airbender 43% (7)
Harry Potter 0% (0)
Star Wars 37% (6)

Login to vote.

I am in the process of brainstorming ideas for a new game. The game is a project for school, so it will definitely reach completion (because otherwise I'll fail lol).

I am going to make it a fan game so that I have a basis to work off of. But I want y'alls input. What kind of game would you most like to see.

The projects that are the most appealing to me are the last three. Particularly the Avatar project. I feel like Byond is saturated with DBZ, Naruto, and Bleach, so I'd love to do an Avatar project.

But I'll leave it up to you all!
How about something original? BYOND already has eighty billion fan-games, one more isn't going to revolutionize anything.
Personally, I am not a fan of any of those series. So I would suggest choosing the series you'd enjoy making the most.
Naruto or Bleach
Ohh snap didnt see avatar i change my vote :D
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:
How about something original? BYOND already has eighty billion fan-games, one more isn't going to revolutionize anything.

In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:

I approve of the above message. I know it's a little tougher, but it's not as tough as you think. You can be inspired by another game, or even an anime without making it a fan game; and it's all that much better for you and your project if its original. I bet the teacher would like it better.
I've actually never played anything but fan games on Byond, what are some good original ones you guys have played? I might try that.

Also, I'm surprised at how many would like Star Wars lol.
well there is only 8 votes I wouldn't go off of this poll on what game you should make make a game that you could get into lol
Lol true, 8 votes is hardly a fair sample of the byond population.
In response to Dami
That's actually part of the problem. BYOND may have countless fan games, but it has very few original games, and even fewer good ones.

NEStalgia is probably the best one. It's inspired by the classic RPGs from Nintendo, and Super Nintendo. Spirit Age isn't out yet, but it looks fantastic, and like it'll be a great original RPG. They seem to update and test pretty often.

Not sure what else. Last Robot Standing is a great little game, but I'm not sure it's even still around. Same with Ultimatum, only I know for sure it's down. They weren't massive multi-players, but they were good for playing with a couple friends.
You don't have to get inspiration from BYOND. Play some other games.

Also, I'm sure there would be much more than 8 votes if you had an "Original Game" option in the poll. You don't have many votes because a majority of people don't want you to make any of those.
You know, I'd like to see a breeding game on BYOND. Add that and I will totally go for it.
Explain your breeding idea to me Lugia.
You breed animals, you care for animals, and then you race them or something. I dunno. I'm focusing on my zombie game atm.
In response to Lugia319
Makes me think of Monster Hunter. I'd definitely like to see something sort of like Monster Hunter on BYOND. Not a fan game, though. Needs a bit more depth and more competition/goals than Monster Hunter has. Maybe just more story, and reasoning for raising them. I don't know.
I've been meaning to work on an Avatar the Last Airbender fan game for a long time now, so that idea definitely interests me.

But the animal breeding also interests me too.

Anything else anyone wanna see?
Byond is in desperate need of a Star Wars game.
In response to KittenPunter
There are like 2 IIRC. One is a rip of the other too (IIRC).
I'm also very much in favour of an original game, and the animal-breeding one seems pretty interesting.
Page: 1 2