ID:676435

Resolved
Pressing and holding Alt between mousedown and mouseup caused the mouseup to be lost, often making Dream Seeker think an object was being dragged.
BYOND Version:494
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Opera 11.62
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Description:
After initiating a MouseDrag(), holding the Alt key while letting go of the mouse button can cause DS to miss MouseDrop(), causing DS to continue to think that you are dragging the mouse. This makes mouse interaction with the entire window completely impossible and any mouse functions will be routed to the atom that you were originally dragging. This bug can be negated by performing a second MouseDrag() and not missing the MouseDrop()

Testing Code:
client
MouseDown(atom/a)
world << "MouseDown([a])"
MouseUp(atom/a)
world << "MouseUp([a])"
MouseDrag(atom/a)
world << "MouseDrag([a])"
MouseDrop(atom/a)
world << "MouseDrop([a])"
Click(atom/a)
world << "Click([a])"

Numbered Steps to Reproduce the Problem:
1) Left-click and hold your mouse down on an atom.
2) Drag your mouse off of the atom.
3) Hold the Alt key while letting go of the left-click button.

Assuming that you were able to reproduce this, despite not holding any mouse buttons, "MouseDrag([a])" will still continue to output.
Hiro the Dragon King wrote:
Numbered Steps to Reproduce the Problem:
3) Repeatedly press the Alt key and right-click, while simultaneously letting go of the left-click button.

This seems to happen for me through just Drag>Hold Alt>Release
Really, just holding Alt? I'll have to get on and confirm that really quick.

And, confirmed. My original test method covered up that little tidbit... Updating the report.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Pressing and holding Alt between mousedown and mouseup caused the mouseup to be lost, often making Dream Seeker think an object was being dragged.