Wrangle, Warp And Weep

by ACWraith
Wrangle, Warp And Weep
Frozen slave of guilt, gather your people in time to flee.
ID:67989

You can gain in-game benefits in Wrangle, Warp And Weep and other games through Fooldom Come!
"I am a Wrangler. For eons, another civilization has raided my own and forced us to trek across the universe. It has been my job to gather the crazed remnants of my people before the crazed people who already escaped close the only way out."

"I am quickly frozen when the passengers disembark and only thawed out when they need me. The bi-polar AI which tortured me with its control of the cryogenic chamber is now gone, but it appears to have made good on its threats of bodily harm. I'm now a brain in a jar, but I'm still a boon to society. Goody."
Gameplay:
  1. Be prepared to die a lot. This game is made with an old school sense of difficulty.
  2. Steer your ship.
  3. Pick up strays to power your shields by passing over them or using a variety of satellites.
  4. Avoid enemy ships or use shields to temporarily bounce them away.
  5. Warp out before you self-destruct.
  6. Work through the guilt of leaving people behind or risk having the nasty figments of imagination enter normal missions!

Subscribers gain a personal set of score records and the ability to choose what kind of satellite they will use to gather strays.

The prequel can be found here.
Its a really great game, though 99.9% of the time I have absolutely no idea what is going on, and question if I have recently dropped acid.
Great Game! W00t 10th place!
Jeff8500, I'm currently uploading a new version with an option that might help you out. I'm moving our conversation to my forum. Thanks for the report. =)
Bakasensei wrote:
Its a really great game, though 99.9% of the time I have absolutely no idea what is going on, and question if I have recently dropped acid.

So. Much. Truth.
Somebody kill me...

I just had an incredible run, got the rest of the medals for this game I didn't have, and raped my old high score...

Just to realize my freaking brother's name was still logged on...

Why, God? Why?
On second thought, hold that murder. I managed to beat the score and re-earn the medals and all around have an awesome game...

And die just one-thousand points short of the top five, due to time-up...

Actually, nevermind that. I'd still like to be killed, after all...
Awesome, I made it into the top 10. My only regret, however, is that I only lost because I couldn't get one stray and unlock the warp >_>
You know what I just realized? This game is so hard, it has a LITERAL Nightmare Mode. Hah!
Jeff8500 wrote:
Awesome, I made it into the top 10. My only regret, however, is that I only lost because I couldn't get one stray and unlock the warp >_>

A good tip is, assuming you have some jumps remaining, just crash into something if it looks like you can't get enough strays in time. You'll lose a Jump, but all your strays you picked up will still be safe. Even if they wouldn't, it's better than game over.

Why is this not a featured game? It's simply amazing.
@Duelmaster409: I submitted the game and believe it meets the feature standards. The problem is that I'm the only reviewer. I'm trying to allow others to give me a reason to reject it before using my administrative access to promote my own work. =)