ID:6892

Among a few Christmas presents I opened up, I found a monitor -> television adapter thing, but it wasn't the item that caught my eye...

After flipping the box over and checking it out (to make sure I could use it), I saw what most product boxes have. Everybody knows of the "our stuff will make you happy" pictures they slap onto their boxes, right?

Now, I'm admittedly no genius in Photoshop, but I'd like to know why pictures of the actual product working was apparantly too much, and instead took to faking these abominations.

Um...okay. Well, first of all there ARE NO WIRES hooked into the product (the modem-looking object to the right of the monitor). Not to mention that nothing on the (floating) table actually looks like they're sitting there naturally. Speaking of the monitor, take a close look at the right corner of the monitor picture. See what looks like a black line? See what looks like the picture extending half an inch over said line? And to top it off, the background makes the foreground look like it is suspended in mid-air. Oh yeah, there's a distinct lack of a keyboard and mouse.

Item number 2. It's not as noticable as before, but there's yet another black monitor line on the left of Pocahontas or whoever that is. Nice X-Box on the bed...what controllers are those? They look like Super Nintendo controllers. Oh, and before I forget...look at the children. Those are HUGE children if their legs take up half the length of the bed. Paging Maury Povich...

Before we move onto the last one, take a GOOD look at the monitor -> TV converter. Ignore the lack of wires, but look at the device itself. Having done that...

Good heavens man.

Now, just for a moment, disregard the father and child. Take a CLOSE look at that device again. Boy does it look familiar. That's out of the way, so look at the SUNSHINE on the people. Also take note of how those two (especially the child's head) look cut out. It's like they're not even in the room. We also have ANOTHER thin black line on the left edge of the monitor. Hey, that's a nice bed in the background... Someone tell me why anyone would want to put a desk and computer facing the bed that way.
Pwned.
Owned indeed.
Well, given the video camera and monitor contents, it seems pretty obvious to me. I just hope he sends the shiny kid into another room.