If you're going to get upset and insult them, they're not going to work for you, are they? =P
In response to Deathguard
Deathguard wrote:
If you're going to get upset and insult them, they're not going to work for you, are they? =P
^ ahaha i guy who understands Me
Lol @Death me and vixi are good friends he just b lieng to me alot =[. He will b like Ill do it later today and do it 2days later.
lol the computer is not always available for me and like everyone else give me a social life please : )
I get what you are saying Vixi. But part of working with someone is being true to your word. He kind of has a point. If he repeatedly told you he'd do something for you and failed to follow thru you would feel the exact same way.

Then factor in the fact that you start other projects and seem to actually produce work for them and I can see why he feels the way he does.
In response to Dariuc
Lol what im trying to say is that i'm not always going to work that doesn't mean i won't work. But then when you help someone that doesn't mean ima work for you, I'm just helping.
I get it, I'm just saying being true to your word is important, and if you can't for some reason a heads up is not unreasonable.
Yeah
Wait what this post wasnt directed towards Vixi 0.0. He alrady told me he will help me when he can and he already knows ik what he means when he says something.
In response to ImmeasurableHate
ImmeasurableHate wrote:
Wait what this post wasnt directed towards Vixi 0.0. He alrady told me he will help me when he can and he already knows ik what he means when he says something.

LOL I know. I was speaking in general, referring to something he mentioned.
People should just start drawing. All the pixel artists you see today were once just like you: clueless as to how to draw. Until one day they opened up Paint, or Photoshop, or whatever program they used, and attempted to make something. Most of you guys are kids with little responsibility. There's no reason why you can't dedicate half an hour or even more every day to practice drawing sprites.

I sucked at DM when I first tried the Zilal tutorial. I literally jumped out of my seat and stormed out of the room in a fit of rage because I couldn't get the game to compile. Did I come to the forums and beg for someone to be my programmer? No, I went back into DM the next morning and figured out that all I needed to do was tab a single line of code, and got the game to compile successfully. The moral of the story is: man up and do it yourself regardless of how difficult something is initially.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
People should just start drawing. All the pixel artists you see today were once just like you: clueless as to how to draw. Until one day they opened up Paint, or Photoshop, or whatever program they used, and attempted to make something. Most of you guys are kids with little responsibility. There's no reason why you can't dedicate half an hour or even more every day to practice drawing sprites.

I sucked at DM when I first tried the Zilal tutorial. I literally jumped out of my seat and stormed out of the room in a fit of rage because I couldn't get the game to compile. Did I come to the forums and beg for someone to be my programmer? No, I went back into DM the next morning and figured out that all I needed to do was tab a single line of code, and got the game to compile successfully. The moral of the story is: man up and do it yourself regardless of how difficult something is initially.

I'm very good at drawing. Pixel art I'm terrible at. My point is that doesn't work. Drawing and pixel arting are two completely different things in some respects. Where I tend to fail is the pixel placement and shading, aside from that I agree that anyone should try their hand at something, but in this day and age where there are so many programs and libs and such available, that sort of promotes doing things efficiently .

There are some people who will have terrible pixel art compared to geniuses, no matter how long they practice. That's just fact, so my other point is : just because he needs/ wants someone else to pixel for him does not mean he's lazy. It could just be that it's more efficient for someone else to do it who already knows how, and is already better at it than him.

Which is my case.
In response to Dariuc
Dariuc wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

I'm very good at drawing. Pixel art I'm terrible at. My point is that doesn't work. Drawing and pixel arting are two completely different things in some respects. Where I tend to fail is the pixel placement and shading, aside from that I agree that anyone should try their hand at something, but in this day and age where there are so many programs and libs and such available, that sort of promotes doing things efficiently .

There are some people who will have terrible pixel art compared to geniuses, no matter how long they practice. That's just fact, so my other point is : just because he needs/ wants someone else to pixel for him does not mean he's lazy. It could just be that it's more efficient for someone else to do it who already knows how, and is already better at it than him.

Which is my case.

Pixel art and drawing is not at all that different. Ive been drawing most of my life and transitioning to pixel art was like removing the training wheels off of a bicycle. or what other cleaver metaphor you wish to use.

Pixel art has directly affected my drawing skills as i learned things i would never have learned. like color theory, anatomy, and ANIMATION most importantly.(i made a lot of flip books since i started pixel art. but it was difficult using a mouse to draw depth on a 2d plane as with adjusting the pencil was as simple as breathing.

Most people who draw well are particularly good at pixel art.
I used to icon, but haven't done it in quite some time due to the fact that I'm giving more of myself to coding. Since I code now, I'd like iconners even though I can do them myself I'd just like to lighten the load of creating a game completely solo.
I've been able to draw well since I was 5. At 7 I was doing comic book level art work.

I'm saying that just because you draw doesn't automatically make you a great pixel artist. Just because it holds true for many people doesn't make it always so.
If you want a pixel artist to be of Zane's level it will be hard to find. Zane has spent four years doing pixel art. If you are not willing to pay anyone and do not like any artist, challenge yourself by pushing yourself into the field of pixel art. Stop criticizing people who are in the field and want to improve.
In response to A2J2TIWARI
A2J2TIWARI wrote:
If you want a pixel artist to be of Zane's level it will be hard to find. Zane has spent four years doing pixel art. If you are not willing to pay anyone and do not like any artist, challenge yourself by pushing yourself into the field of pixel art. Stop criticizing people who are in the field and want to improve.

Who is this directed towards? Because I haven't criticized anyone.
Not any specific person but to all who have insulted the hard works of artists. As Deathguard said, no one will work for a person who insults the artists' hard work.
In response to A2J2TIWARI
A2J2TIWARI wrote:
Not any specific person but to all who have insulted the hard works of artists. As Deathguard said, no one will work for a person who insults the artists' hard work.

I agree with that. I also understand his frustrations though. It's kind of annoying when someone tells you they will complete a task then just doesn't do it at all and you never get an explanation. Not only that but having it happen multiple times can be a bit frustrating.

I think that there's almost always two sides to it. Sure the artist might have found better or more interesting work. But at the very least a heads up saying "Hey I'm no longer interested" is appropriate. Don't you think?
In response to Dariuc
Dariuc wrote:
I agree with that. I also understand his frustrations though. It's kind of annoying when someone tells you they will complete a task then just doesn't do it at all and you never get an explanation. Not only that but having it happen multiple times can be a bit frustrating.

You just need to search in the right areas for a reliable pixel artist with a good reputation. Unfortunately for those who are not willing to pay, those type of artists are typically looking for monetary compensation. Not gm or the "satisfaction and privilege of working on your game", as some might say.
Page: 1 2 3 4