ID:703832

Applies to:Dream Daemon, Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
If you're hosting a game in DEBUG mode through Dream Seeker, you get debug access. Commands such as the profiler, rebooting, and such.

Dream Daemon also offers this to an extent, allowing you to profile the world from the Daemon application. Dream Daemon also allows you to avoid bans when you join locally (byond://localhost:port, or 127.0.0.1:port), which you can do by clicking the join button in Daemon.

I was thinking, perhaps, Debug access could also be passed onto the host, if he chooses to join locally. It's much easier to debug through Dream Seeker, rather than switching to Daemon, and such. It wouldn't be that much of a change in behavior. Just if you join locally, you'd have the same Debug access as if you were local/hosting through Dream Seeker.
I think this is a pretty sensible request. I'd also like to add on to it, though. Currently I see no way to access profiling when you're hosting on a shell. You can create a world log, but if I recall correctly that is far from the same. A change for that would be nice, and seems like it would go along with this.

If it does not, though; I would be more than happy to make my own topic. Not looking to hijack a topic. Just a thought when I saw this.
In response to Toddab503
Toddab503 wrote:
I think this is a pretty sensible request. I'd also like to add on to it, though. Currently I see no way to access profiling when you're hosting on a shell. You can create a world log, but if I recall correctly that is far from the same. A change for that would be nice, and seems like it would go along with this.

I direct you to this post I made as an introduction to DreamDaemon administration a long time ago. The only thing we're really lacking is that 'friends' functionality and being able to reload hostban.txt at run-time (thus losing pid-based bans)
In response to Audeuro
Ah, very nice little guide. I had no idea it even existed. Hadn't crossed my mind to search for that particular kind of guide though to be honest.

Anyways, thanks. I take back my previous comment, but I definitely support this request. It's always good to improve profiling.