ID:704340

Not a bug
BYOND Version:494
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 11.0
Applies to:Dream Maker

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Hello. I tried to change title for window title in interface but it wont change it at all.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
- open .dmf file
- create window
- change title of window
- run source
-------------
Window title will be same as projects name no matther in what you change it
Code (if appliSnippet cable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
When i change Window title name it should change it.

Actual Results:
When i have opened dream maker it shows the title i named it but once i run a game its the name i put it at the first time i create window.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? /
In other user accounts? /
On other computers? /

When does the problem NOT occur?
It always do

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

Is this only the default window? The default window will use whatever title is set in world.name.
Yes its only default window. Sry i didnt know that you cannot change it since you have that option for it
It may be possible to change if world.name is never set, but I'm not quite sure of that. I do know that world.name will always override the title of the default window since that's legacy behavior. I'll look into this more.
Well its confusing since the title in interface is diffrent from actuall
This is documented in the skin reference, but perhaps could use additional clarity.
Well its not a bug since you explane thats lagacy behavior so world.name override the title of the default window.
Im just saying that is kinda confusing because in interface you can actually edit default title but when you run source it become same as world.name. But in interface its the title you named it.

sry about grammer mistakes
As it turns out, if you change the default window's name at runtime, it will actually take the change. At compile-time, though, it will not. I found this out when I tried to use the window's title as a "crude variable".
Lummox JR resolved issue (Not a bug)