ID:70736

Do you have a guild that Pokemon Challenger would fit well in?

If you do, let me know! I'd be glad to submit my game to your guild - we can increase the popularity of your guild, and increase the popularity of the game as well!

The game needs to be up 24/7 . It too like 30 mins to download the RSC.
Kingstone99 wrote:

It is up 24/7.

Do you know why it took so long to download? The resources are only 8 megabytes, which isn't even 2 minutes on a decent cable connection.
Polatrite wrote:
Kingstone99 wrote:

It is up 24/7.

Do you know why it took so long to download? The resources are only 8 megabytes, which isn't even 2 minutes on a decent cable connection.

Meh Computer was going slow when I was downloading it anyhow. When i did log in it was rather enjoyable.
Unfortunately, it's still an ongoing battle as to whether Pokemon belongs in BYOND RPG or BYOND Anime.

I still maintain BYOND RPG.
Tiberath wrote:
Unfortunately, it's still an ongoing battle as to whether Pokemon belongs in BYOND RPG or BYOND Anime.

I still maintain BYOND RPG.

Fortunately this is more or less a strategy game, otherwise I would have submitted it regardless of whether or not it officially belongs... because it DOES belong in RPG. ;)
Polatrite wrote:
Fortunately this is more or less a strategy game, otherwise I would have submitted it regardless of whether or not it officially belongs... because it DOES belong in RPG. ;)

Finally! Someone who agrees with me! See that! The ruler of the late RPG Channel agrees with me! You all know we're right!
Tiberath wrote:
Polatrite wrote:

Finally! Someone who agrees with me! See that! The ruler of the late RPG Channel agrees with me! You all know we're right!

The Pokemon franchise was developed entirely around the games. I've said this numerous times before (even on this blog): it was a stroke of marketing genius by Nintendo.

1) Create a game with cute, appealing characters in abundance
2) Allow kids to play together with their friends, trading around their little creatures
3) Give the creatures personality, allowing kids to become attached to them

Now create a television show and merchandising scheme around that game and push it heavily. Pokemon was a success in the game industry the likes of which hasn't been seen since. A tremendous franchise entirely based around selling more and more copies of the numerous games that have been released.
Either way I believe this definitely belongs in BYOND Anime.
The Naked Ninja wrote:

The only reason it belongs in BYOND Anime presently, is because I haven't managed to convince the powers that be that the Pokemon games on BYOND are based on the actual Pokemon game, and not the anime.

As far as I'm concerned, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Either Pokemon belongs in BYOND RPG or Final Fantasy belongs in BYOND Anime. It's the same argument, and Final Fantasy made it's place in BYOND RPG a long time ago.
Tiberath wrote:
The Naked Ninja wrote:

The only reason it belongs in BYOND Anime presently, is because I haven't managed to convince the powers that be that the Pokemon games on BYOND are based on the actual Pokemon game, and not the anime.

As far as I'm concerned, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Either Pokemon belongs in BYOND RPG or Final Fantasy belongs in BYOND Anime. It's the same argument, and Final Fantasy made it's place in BYOND RPG a long time ago.

I think the whole system should be more flag/tag based. Less of this "it's an RPG OR an action game" or "it's Anime OR it's an RPG"

A game could be an action RPG with an anime theme. What category does it belong in?

How about some binary flags: fan game, anime. If it's a fan game, then it's tagged as a fan game, if it's anime, it's tagged as anime. But it's still in the appropriate category.

I don't know. The system will still be refined, and it definitely needs more thought than the 3 minutes I just spent thinking about it.
The dominant category is the winner. Action RPG with Anime theme is dominated by RPG, but because it's an anime theme, it goes into BYOND Anime.

Let's face it, BYOND Anime is nothing more than BYOND RPG's dumping point for the masses of anime themed RPGs. =)
Pokemon I guess would be considered RPG more-so than anime, considering it isn't really "japanese-animation" style to begin with.

Personally, I think Anime Guild should be changed to Fan-Game Guild, since I never expect to see anything fully-original in idea inside the Anime section.
Shouldn't be hard to submit it right? http://www.byond.com/members/DarrylX/forum?forum=5
whens game going to be back up