ID:708127

Keywords: change, dm, dream, font, maker, size, style, view
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I was programming my storm2byond and realized I had a lot of code in my DME for this AI I'm working on. Then I decided to try and change the font around to make it smaller because my computer screen is a laptop one, and I noticed the text gets really messed up and buggy.

Now, with me I can view fonts that are really small. Really small. However, some people don't have such good eyesight and may need to make the text bigger.

Basically what I'm getting at here is that Byond has had this bug when it comes to customizing Dream Maker Code font styles or font sizes since back in '07 or '08 (whenever I first joined Byond) and I was wondering if we could get this fixed so others can finally use it.

If you don't believe me, change your font style around or even the font size and see how it impacts the display!

Edit: Ok making text bigger isn't glitched, but still for making it smaller or changing the style it really glitches the display.
If you use monospace fonts this problem won't occur. If anything, the dialog should be updated to exclude fonts that won't work properly.
In response to Nadrew
It should at least update the spacing for the font being used.

I don't know which of my fonts are monospace, I just know that any font I've tried has not worked for a smaller font than 10.

Making this feature would make it a little easier for me and maybe a few others. (I don't know if others want it or not but I can ask some programmers I know) It's nothing to stress about and seems like an easy fix in my opinion.
http://www.lowing.org/fonts/

Courier New
Courier
In response to ExPixel
I know, but those don't have smaller font sizes available.

That's only one part of the fix, we need to have a fix to where we can have smaller font sizes.
Courier New is a TrueType font. It scales to any size. The hints might not be ideal for lower sizes but it certainly can display smaller than 10pt.
In response to Lummox JR
Oh ok then.