ID:71451

Keywords: software, travel
A few years back, I worked at the Ed Bryant Scout Reservation up in Mauston, Wisconsin. It's a great place and if circumstances allow, I'd like to work there again someday. However, even though that camp was hours away from my hometown, I came back to wash clothes and chill out every few weeks.

This summer, I'll begin a summer internship in Ottawa, Ontario as a software developer. I won't be coming home to take a breather; I'll be on my own in an apartment, working and learning French and keeping an eye out for pretty Canadian girls.

I've traveled before, and I've lived away from home before, but I've never had the opportunity to combine the two. Here are my hopes for the summer:

• I won't spend too much time alone. I know plenty of people online so working in a foreign environment would be a great opportunity to become closer to them, but I believe the rewards for befriending Canadians (Ottawans?) will be richer.
  • I will befriend my boss, my landlady and all of my neighbors. I'm not always an approachable guy, as I tend to cruise from point A to point B rather than hang around and leave time for others. That is a weakness that I have an opportunity to overcome in this new environment.
  • I will create some really great software. It will be impressive enough that I can sell it easily to my colleagues back at school, to the blogosphere and the twitterverse.
  • I will spend frugally and invest the money I earn. Last summer I earned plenty but spent far too much, investing very little of my earnings. I will be conscious of that problem this summer and be more responsible with my money.

Wish me luck!
Ryan

Lol, Oregon Trail joke.

Good luck!
Good luck. The next few years will be the most exciting time of your life. Enjoy them!
That picture is amazing.
LOL@ Picture.. (I'm a little late)

On a complete side note, I think the layout/styling of your page is super appealing, and pretty awesome.