I've made the first of many changes to the Icon Utility. Status of the mentioned changes are as follows:
- Redoing the interface entirely.
Moving away from the grid control. I'd like to find a way to determine the dimensions of files. Detect what I believe to be interlacing. (Not sure what it is really, just that some sheets looked as though they were woven when output to the grid)
- I'd also implement multi-tile animations as requested.
As you can see, there aren't many of the initial changes left to be made. That, and remaking the interface is going to be a work in progress.
I've also made some neat little changes with the replacement of the grid control. Now the icon utility uses a map, which is much more powerful. I really don't know why I didn't do it this way in the first place. Users are shown the frames they are selecting, as they are selecting them, in variable colors.
The icon utility has begun making more use of menus as well. It keeps track of recently opened files, for quicker access to the spritesheets you worked on last. For now it tracks the last 5 files you've worked on--I plan on making the number of files customizable by the user. There are also options for changing the selection box color, for when you've got a spritesheet that the default color doesn't show too well on and performance settings because I thought it might come in handy to allow the user to turn up the tick_lag of the utility.
Among other changes, the utility now gives a preview of the selected transparent color and automatically updates the queued animations to display the correct transparency.
Future updates will include a tabbed work area, multi-tile animations, a test-zone for those who want to see their new animations at work, and possibly the icon editor functionality I've mentioned.
Questions, comments, ideas, and bug reports are welcomed, joyously.