ID:7219

My mom admitted to being a little tipsy from wine last night, and has decided that come May, we'll be movinhg moving back to the US anyway. My sister will just be going ahead of us. She was busy trying to occupy herself by tracing around numbers, and it felt too awkward for me to be around at the moment.

So I went downstairs and put in the movie Anchorman.

That wasn't the BEST thing to do...after a while, she comes downstairs and makes some instant noodles for everyone, and comes in at just the wrong time.

"I miss your laugh man, I miss BEING around you, I miss talking to you", etc. The scene where the main character's buddies are musing over not seeing him as often after he began dating.

When my sister alerts me to my mom getting upset again, I hop up and turn off the DVD player but she's already crying again. :(
Wanting friendship is not selfish; it is human. There is nothing wrong with watching Anchorman either. Though it's good that you aren't upset with your mom, who's obviously going through a difficult time as well, you have no reason to be upset with yourself either.