ID:725216

I am sorta wondering how original a game has to be to get a hub. Mine keeps getting rejected for not original but its not really enough feedback for me to change it.
This is an interesting question to ask.
The fact it was rejected for being unoriginal somewhat implies that it contains something that isn't entirely your own creation.

So the answer is "entirely."
If you've tried to make a fangame and then "hide" the fact by renaming things or explaining them differently, uh ... don't do that.
Well if one is going to make a naruto game its sorta expected to be based off of naruto; meaning that the attacks would be the same based off of the show? I guess what I mean is that a fan games should somewhat be similar to each other, since they are in fact based off of the same thing.

A = B, A = C, thus B=C
Naruto games aren't original. They're fangames, because they are games made about Naruto, by fans.
Original games are games which are based entirely on your own intellectual works and invention and do not contain any of the following;

Brands, franchises or materials belonging to a third party.
Material which is not in the public domain, or which has not been licensed to you.
Characters, techniques, places or events bearing identical or significantly parallel traits to those in other, licensed, media.
So if fan based games are not original how can my hub be rejected for being not original? Does Byond allow fan based games anymore? Or are they all rejected for not being original?
Because we reject things where a game already exists that's sufficiently similar that the new listing wouldn't add anything, in overpopulated areas like Naruto. ( To be honest, almost all fangame areas are overpopulated. )

We don't reject all fangames, nor do we all all fangames. It's subjective.