SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
Tiberath wrote:
The problem is, you're 'fixer upper' is a termite infested, 100yr old house in a ghost town that's worth more burning and just selling the land.

That may be, but I still think the challenge would be worth it... It's more of a labor of love...lol

Well, you're free to do as you wish, it is your project after all. I'm just happy I came up with a sexy, sexy analogy to continue on with yours. I made myself smile. =)
It was very nice, indeed!
First off I like to say your one in a million SSGX. Your like the Green Day of Byond Dbz games. Always pushing back on the "normal behavior"!

Having said that, I know your more of a "going solo" type coder, but maybe what you need isn't to watch your step, but you find new idea's through someone that shares your vision of a world where rip's are tortured and burned at the stake!

*Points at self* I have a deep passion for DBZ as well as sticking to the material. I have alot of ideas that I am unable to bring to life coding wise, because as an artist I just cant stare at letters and numbers for more than a few minutes.

Anyways enough with my rant. If you would be interested in having some help in creation and dont mind sharing the spot light, send me an email: [email protected]

- Tsumshin
DarkView,
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Your opinion is swayed just like all the others. Please don't jump on the bandwagon.
Madow wrote:
DarkView,
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Your opinion is swayed just like all the others. Please don't jump on the bandwagon.

He's not so much jumping on a bandwagon as he is telling the truth. The sources for ripped games out there are terrible, beyond terrible. I've seen some of them and have been absolutely flabbergasted that the user doesn't crash at mob/Login(), noting of course the absence of any call made to client/New().

There is no ground to defend people who use ripped source code. His opinion isn't swayed because it's part of a running wagon, his opinion is swayed because it's correct.

Hell, even some of the release games out there are terrible.
SSGX, would you mind signing into AIM?
heh well from one ripper to another;....good luck ;)

anyway dbz games arent that hard to rip... especially zeta ones..(which are my specialty) i was actually thinking that the "meditate" verb could be used in a way where when you try to meditate a minigame starts up... one where you try to press a certain key within a certain time frame?
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

anyway dbz games arent that hard to rip... especially zeta ones..(which are my specialty) i was actually thinking that the "meditate" verb could be used in a way where when you try to meditate a minigame starts up... one where you try to press a certain key within a certain time frame?

dont you mean from one unskilled programmer to an experienced programmer?
Pmitch wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

dont you mean from one unskilled programmer to an experienced programmer?

But wait, Pmitch. His key includes 'Ss4'. He has to be a great programmer.
.> your humor does not amuse me.... been programing since late 06.....
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

Looking at your "favorite resource" it's not looking too good. Out of all the possible libraries etc. you could have chosen, you chose that.

Also, time does not equate to skill, especially if you learned some shitty resources.
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

In reality, Ss4toby is the only good programmer I know with a Dragonball Z related name, so...
Dark Prince X wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:

In reality, Ss4toby is the only good programmer I know with a Dragonball Z related name, so...

He's not particularly good, he just stopped using usr in procs with the last 6 months in his demos/libraries. He may still use it, though. Either way, his programming is also extremely stiff and procedural, and it takes a drop in efficiency on occasion because of some funky math/lack of math.
Jeff8500 wrote:
He's not particularly good, he just stopped using usr in procs with the last 6 months in his demos/libraries. He may still use it, though. Either way, his programming is also extremely stiff and procedural, and it takes a drop in efficiency on occasion because of some funky math/lack of math.

Too bad we can't all be Jeff8500's. :(

Funfact: I no use usr in prawc
Page: 1 2 3