ID:737016

(See the best response by .screw.)
Now, I'm trying to start my own server of SS13, but the server is only able to connect to me, and no one else on the god forsaken planet. Is this normal, and if it is, how do I fix it?

Best response
A firewall may be interfering with others trying to connect to your server.

Also, if you're behind a router, you may need to forward a port or two. I'd suggest visiting PortForward.com for directions.
I tried Portforward.com, but it didn't even have my Router on their website, so I'll try out the firewall instead.
In response to Master_of_Stuff
You'll need to do both to host.

You should be able to figure out how to port-forward your router just by browsing through its options or reading its manual (it should be online if you don't have the physical copy anymore). Look for any options called "port forwarding" or "virtual servers".

Common settings:
Protocol: TCP
Starting Port: (whatever port you're hosting on)
Ending Port: (whatever port you're hosting on)
Server IP Address: (your machine's LOCAL IP address, typically in the form of 192.168.1.[x])
No, I'm serious. my Router isn't on there.
In response to Master_of_Stuff
portforward.com is just a collection of guides, you don't actually need them for port-forwarding. Your router's manual should have all of the information you need (which you should be able to get at the manufacturer's website in digital form if you lost the original copy)
Oh, okay, thanks!