ID:742225

Applies to:DM Language, Dream Daemon

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
This would be basically the same as client.computer_id, but it'd equal the computer_id of the server/computer the environment is hosted on.
What would you use this for other than yet another check for if a client is the host?
To check if the person logging on is on the server/hosting computer. All other checks are just ->
world.internet_address==client.address //server ip matches client
world.address==client.address //server ip matches client
!client.address //lack of client ip, if hosting through DS
world.host==key //this depends on which key the pager was using
client.address=="127.0.0.1" //if hosting on dream daemon

Most of the above methods, specifically the ones involving addresses will allow others on your network to be verified as host. Through this, you could also ban specific computers from hosting, rather than by a key or IP standard, since those are both easy to change.
I said other than that.
And what makes you think computer_id is so secure?
Nothing in the reference specifically says that it can't be changed. Heck, it doesn't even imply that it stays the same between server start ups.
computer_id is based on the user's hardware and OS, afaik. You'd need to know what specifically to change to have the computer_id change.
computer_id is pretty much impossible to change without using a new computer entirely.
Then I support this feature whole-heartedly.
I agree that this could be useful, especially for projects that can be hosted by anybody.
I want to authenticate hosts by their computer_id. This feature would be handy.
I support this.
Sure, why not?
+1
Hey - I would like to bump this topic up to the top. This would make authenticating hosts via a third party server much simpler.

Any response if it would take much to add/if we can look forward to seeing soon?
I think the only difficult part would be implementing computer_ids for Linux systems. Apparently everything in Linux distributions is easy enough to change that it would affect computer ids.

Currently, I believe they're limited to Windows users.
+1