pif_XMLHandler

by Popisfizzy
A self-contained, simple-to-use XML handler.
ID:74378

XML is a human- and computer-readable, mark-up language designed to store information, including designing a hierarchy for that information at arbitrary levels. It stands for "eXtensible Markup Language". To keep it standardized and readable by any program, it has a strict set of rules. XML is general-purpose, and can be used for a variety of specification purposes. This library can be used to handle (i.e. read and write) XML files, for use in games and programs.

For more information, read Wikipedia.

Release Notes:
  • Version 1.0 released September 6, 2008

Thanks goes to Hulio-G for the awesome hub icon.
Is there any reason why the xml_child object couldn't be contained as a subnode of the xml_handler object?

xml_handler/xml_child{
parent_type = /datum
}
IainPeregrine wrote:
Is there any reason why the xml_child object couldn't be contained as a subnode of the xml_handler object?

Unless I'm forgetting something about my library, probably not. I'll have to look over the code again and see if it can be added (though there may be a way to flag out of it if I could see it breaking other people's already-existing code).
It seems it doesn't like underscores in node names, for example: <icon_state>1</icon_state> when reading the xml_handler.child.content