ID:748347

Are these the only posting rules or is there an extended list somewhere else?

http://www.byond.com/forum/?command=standards

Is there a designated place to post for admin abuse or is it just handled by email?
I have touched this subject before ..

No one really answered me and we had a topic that was almost 10 pages long of excuses from moderators..

But no there is only one way and that is the contact form.

My posts get removed all the time and it is really annoying.

The guidelines are shit to be honest they don't explain much at all and moderators are free to act as they wish...
If you suspect admin abuse, the best place to go is the support form. You can find that under the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.
In response to A.T.H.K
Yea i just dont really understand why my post about funi petition was closed. Its not vulgar or trolling or spam or anything but a realistic topic.
But to combat my post above.

Moderators don't have the correct tools , no topic splitting no warning system

Best they can do is just edit or remove the post .. 100% they just remove it completely with a poor excuse like "tangent" or some other one word that give you no indication to why it was removed or what you did wrong.
In response to Mouchy
Mouchy wrote:
Yea i just dont really understand why my post about funi petition was closed. Its not vulgar or trolling or spam or anything but a realistic topic.

It was locked due to it being discussed before, so things that have been talked about in the past may not be mentioned ever again.
How many byond admins are there?
When you paged me as to why I locked it, I explained that it has been discussed before. I'm not quite sure why we need to reiterate over the same facts about FUNimation's cease and desist, and as I said in your topic I am extremely skeptical that they would care at all if you sent them a list of 1,000 names from a site they had legal troubles with in the past.
In response to Mouchy
Mouchy wrote:
How many byond admins are there?

Another thing that BYOND needs to address ... You can find out if a person is a BYOND Moderator by clicking the name above their picture.

That is the only indication of them being a moderator.
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:
When you paged me as to why I locked it, I explained that it has been discussed before. I'm not quite sure why we need to reiterate over the same facts about FUNimation's cease and desist, and as I said in your topic I am extremely skeptical that they would care at all if you sent them a list of 1,000 names from a site they had legal troubles with in the past.

By why can't he? I don't understand why you locked it nothing in the guidelines says that you can not start a new post regarding FUNimation and starting a petition.

IMO it's a waste of time.
In response to LordAndrew
what if it was 10,000 signatures, companies do care about petitions, they are not simply thrown to the side. If public wants things enough its not impossible.

Also what harm is it? The worst thing they can do is say no.
@A.T.H.K: As I briefly explained to Mouchy in a page, we tend to lock such posts under guideline #3, even though it's not intentional trolling. It's a dead horse that's been beaten several times over and it's not likely to change, so no real constructive discussion can occur.
In response to Audeuro
Audeuro wrote:
@A.T.H.K: As I briefly explained to Mouchy in a page, we tend to lock such posts under guideline #3, even though it's not intentional trolling. It's a dead horse that's been beaten several times over and it's not likely to change, so no real constructive discussion can occur.

I guess that is somewhat a valid point, If he was to post a link to the said petition page with a small description as to why .. you would still lock that correct?
In response to Audeuro
One thing i dont understand about that logic is the idea that byond community is eternal. New people come who havent talked about that subject at all. I am one of them, to limit discussion just because some people have talked about it in the past before and then label it as trolling makes no sense. And realistically when was the last time someone talked about making a petition for it. How many years has it been?
If it were simply that then I would not likely lock it until it started showing signs of getting out of hand. The difference is in the way the post is formed. The post he wrote was formed with the intention of invoking a discussion on the matter which would be quite destructive. Personally, if the poll wasn't there then I probably wouldn't have touched it.
In response to Audeuro
Audeuro wrote:
If it were simply that then I would not likely lock it until it started showing signs of getting out of hand. The difference is in the way the post is formed. The post he wrote was formed with the intention of invoking a discussion on the matter which would be quite destructive. Personally, if the poll wasn't there then I probably wouldn't have touched it.

You may not have but we have some delete/lock/ban happy moderators around here...
There really isn't any list of Moderators?
In response to Mouchy
Mouchy wrote:
One thing i dont understand about that logic is the idea that byond community is eternal. New people come who havent talked about that subject at all. I am one of them, to limit discussion just because some people have talked about it in the past before and then label it as trolling makes no sense. And realistically when was the last time someone talked about making a petition for it. How many years has it been?

The idea is that it's already been discussed in threads that are archived (somewhere) on these very forums. A search for "funimation" should bring all of those up. Bringing up the subject again and again is just going to invoke more anger in the people that already have discussed it multiple times before. We don't really label is as trolling, just as grounds for locking of the topic before it gets out of hand. It's been a little over a year since the incident occurred.
In response to Mouchy
Mouchy wrote:
There really isn't any list of Moderators?

Nope.

[EDIT] I don't believe moderators have control over the Contact Form I believe that does in fact go straight to Tom and Lummox Jr
In response to Audeuro
i searched for 'funimation' + 'petition' and didnt find any search results. I was hoping someone had started one before I had that i could get names from.
Page: 1 2