ID:750836

Hey, everyone. I just started a new byond project, in the style of an MMORPG. It is called Future Fantasy, and I've currently been only working on the HUD, but I was wondering if anyone could post opinions on what i've got so far?

Here is a link to the most recently updated image of the Game:
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x461/indarknesswithout/ SCRN6.png

Here's a pic of the title screen:
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x461/indarknesswithout/ title.png

This image will be re-taken and uploaded each time there is a major update to the HUD, so check back often

Looking for Helpers!: If you would like to contribute to the game, I am always looking for experienced iconners. Due to the large amount of items this game will include, it may take quite some time for me to icon them all by myself. I'm sorry, but I can't pay real money in return :( If you would like to help, even if it's not iconning, please post here and I will get back with you.

A small description of current and future game features:

The game is is a Futuristic/Fantasy Hybrid BMMO (BYOND MMO). It will have literally hundreds of quests and thousands of items, armor and weapons.

There will be two sides of gameplay. When creating your character, you pick from Futuristic or Fantasy, and you get to make your character in that time zone and wear their clothing and armor along with their weapons, and then once you do part of the main storyline the two time zones merge and you can play with everyone. You can be a Fantasy clothed woman with an energy sword, or a Heavily Tech-ed Out man with a Katana, it's your choice.

There will be a campaign (story) quest that unlocks new features, and once you beat the campaign you will be able to create up to 3 characters instead of the original one.

You will be able to login using your account name and a password, and be able to login from any key. Once you enter your account details you will be taken to your character selection screen if you've beaten the game OR be logged into your single character automatically if you haven't.

There will be an AUTOMATIC GM system, which uses carefully made anti-cheat processes to ban, mute, or boot any players that do not follow the rules. this prevents corrupt GMs from spoiling a game, and also keeps everyones mind at ease knowing they are always safe with no GMs online.

the game will have features never before seen in a byond game. there will be a complete hud for merchants, inventory, character status, equip (basically any and all windows). a unique targetting system for immersive battles, a totally unique skill/spell system in which your skill set is driven by your current equipment, not your class or level. you will be able to choose which stats to raise (or lower :D) upon each level-up, which lets you customize and re-customize your character's skills at your own discretion. be any class you can think of, use any weapon, etc. there will also be a HUD window for trading, in which you drag items into the window slots and press accept, and if both players accept the other's offer the trade is completed and the items are exchanged.

There will be mining, fishing, armor/weapon customization, guilds, towns divided into districts, and SO SO much more.

and once the game is in beta form and can be released to the general public, i will find a host and go from there :)
Looks great!
The only problem I see is that the stats on the top left seems to take up too much room. If you could condense it to about half that size it would be perfect!

Good luck!
Wicked interface, very cyber.
What Kumorii said. You have very little space to begin with since you used a small window so you really shouldn't use up even more space by having a gigantic anime face right there.
Yeah, you might want to increase the size of the window.
That would probably help tremendously.
I'm not sure why you chose such a small window size?
In response to Complex Robot
sorry guys that was only for while i'm testing the game. i'm going to increase the window size and re-adjust the HUD positions soon. I have to do it anyway for the on-screen inventory.

please note that the image above will be updated once i've resized and adjusted everything

Thank you for your comments :D
alright everyone i took a small break but here is the updated HUD :D let me know what you think

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x461/indarknesswithout/ SCRN2b.png
I like it.
Hm...
Isn't that backpack icon taken from Tibia?
In response to Vexxen
Vexxen wrote:
I like it.

thank you very much :D
In response to Koxmok
Koxmok wrote:
Hm...
Isn't that backpack icon taken from Tibia?

dunno, but not to worry, it's only temporary ;) i'm only using it as a stand-in icon for now until i can get around to make my own. the HUD itself took forever to icon, now i need to work on coding, like the inventory for example
I think the hud looks nice, the rings around the portrait I think look a little to big, but I give it 9/10
did you check the updated pic? or the old one
Both, 2nd is defiantly better than the first (the 9/10 was for the 2nd btw) but I still feel strongly about the 2 pieces of the ring around the hud in the left bottom corner.
I like the new hud better. It makes it look more rounded. thumbs up, d
I'm not going to lie, this looks pretty impressive!
I seriously think that if you keep on with this that something good will come out of it!
I really like the design of it, the colors stand out, but they aren't molesting your eyes. It's somewhere close to cyberpunk, which is an odd choice unless that's the theme for the game, if it's just a standard Medieval/Dark Fantasy theme then it doesn't really fit. If it's a more futuristic setting, it fits nicely.

I like the textured health/magic bars, much better than just plain colors. The prominent round wire pieces look cool as decorations to keep it from being overly plain.

What purpose does the portrait serve? If it doesn't do anything, it really shouldn't be there taking up space. If you want to give your players a non-functional portrait, put it in whatever window/menu/display you use to show their character stats, not as part of the HUD. Even if it does do something, it should probably be WAY smaller, the mugshot and the round wiring you've got around it take up probably half of your total HUD space just to look pretty.

If you look at modern games(and even most older games), the HUD is as minimalistic as possible without compromising the game's ability to give you information(and sometimes even to the detriment of it). A lot of them don't even come up unless there is relevant information to be displayed, such as making health/magic power invisible until you're not at full or hiding combat options when you're not in combat.
In response to Robertbanks2
Robertbanks2 wrote:
...If it's a more futuristic setting, it fits nicely.

...it should probably be WAY smaller, the mugshot and the round wiring you've got around it take up probably half of your total HUD space just to look pretty.

yes the game is a fantasy/futuristic merge. and did you look at my updated pics? the character portrait section of the hud takes up much less screen space now. i get what you mean by it being big, but i honestly dont want my game to be just like any other. if i were to make the wireframe smaller it would blur and look terrible, and the character portrait is supposed to be that big so that i don't have to cram 96x96 pixels into a tiny little box :/ i want my game to have some flair and have stunning graphics. believe me when i say that there will be plenty of room on the screen for anything you want to do.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
I'm not going to lie, this looks pretty impressive!
I seriously think that if you keep on with this that something good will come out of it!

hehe thank you SO much :P it's taken some time, but i'm finally getting somewhere

this has always been my dream project, and i've spent years developing my skills for this :D it's going to be... "epic" lol
Page: 1 2 3 4