I really like the interface, the colors, and the overall theme. The base does clash a bit with the trees and grass, but the interface looks great and I love the face pic and item display pic. If this game pops up sometime in the future or has a testing phase, I'd be interested. Good Luck! :)
I applaud, if what you say is true about making all of the icons you intend to use, you're doing very well. Especially in terms of the HUD. I mean, did you icon that potion icon? It looks great!

Also, you mentioned in the first post something about "gold" meaning there is going to be money. Will gold be found in chest like everything else or will that be an exception to that?
good observation :) yes, there will be an exception for gold.

gold will drop in piles of coins on the ground. the more gold is dropped, the bigger the pile.

thank you :D i pride myself on my skills in iconning and coding. i've spent years getting ready for this project
Just more of a quick refresher. From what I've seen in the pics and what you have said. We know there is a working inventory system, possibly a Health/Energy System, and no details on a combat system. Aside from having those 3 things completed, what would still need to be done to consider the game playable?
In response to Huntsman06
Huntsman06 wrote:
Just more of a quick refresher. From what I've seen in the pics and what you have said. We know there is a working inventory system, possibly a Health/Energy System, and no details on a combat system. Aside from having those 3 things completed, what would still need to be done to consider the game playable?

yes the health and energy bars work. they dont jump either, they slowly adjust to your damage and healing smoothly

things i need for the game to be playable are:
1. An extension of my character base to include an attacking animation for a bow and sword

2. Enemies for the first area of wilderness (fantasy) or wasteland (future)

3. A basic bow and sword to go with the attack animations.

4. The first set of clothing for both the male and female base so they dont start off in their underwear.

5. Finish the login system

6. At least start the skill system

by the way, skills on this game are different. when you equip a weapon, it has anywhere from 1 to 3 skill slots on it. you can learn skills and augment them into your weapon to be able to use them. there will also be an armor and accessory augmentation system as well
hey everyone. I had an idea for a change in the character base, and i made up an image of what it would look like from the front. Please let me know if you like the old or new one better!

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x461/indarknesswithout/ needswork-1.jpg
The old one because that one actually had a light source.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
The old one because that one actually had a light source.

the shading on the second isnt complete. thats just to show you the shape
here you go, is this more like what you were talking about?

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x461/indarknesswithout/ needswork2.jpg
I agree with EmpirezTeam. Even with the shading changed, I say the original looks better.
if you like i would be willing to donate this base icon to your project

Photobucket
I like the cyber themed HUD but the turf and trees and base seem to be trying to go realistic tone it down and just go for a fun feel on the environment
I find the realistic tone very setting, with a realistic tone it could add depth to game and easily give off a darker more serious tone, but you may not even be going for that. The new base doesn't fit into realistic trees so I suggest changing the environment to fit the base(Stylized) or the base to fit the environment(Realistic.)
Any new updates on this?
In response to Klra
Klra wrote:
Any new updates on this?

Am thinking the same thing

This is so sweet looking!
=]
Awkwardddddd.
Page: 1 2 3 4