ID:755253

Resolved
Sending an out-of-bounds turf (e.g., not visible on the user's map) as output to a skin control could cause Dream Seeker to crash.
BYOND Version:494
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro
Web Browser:Chrome 19.0.1084.46
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
bounds returns a list, and sometimes looping through the list elements and outputting them to the output causes a dream seeker crash.

var/v = bounds(m, 0, 0, 0, -32)
for(var/e in v)
world << e

If you can't reproduce it, I can send the developer a private project that reproduces the results. But I do not want to put it up for the public to download.
This is not reproducible in a test project. I'll need a copy of your source (you can send it to me at [email protected]), and it would also help to have details on where the crash occurs. Specifically, I'll need the module and offset where the crash happens, and I also need the exact build number you're using (major and minor).
Lummox JR changed status to 'Unverified'
I will email you the project and the major minor is...

I found a crash in the test project you sent me, though it's not related to bounds at all. I'm going to try your instructions to see if there's anything with the bounds as well and if the crash I found is a separate issue, but I have a strong feeling I've stumbled onto your crash already. The fact that this happens when the object is just outside of the client's view is actually totally consistent with the crash I found.
Yeah, it seems to be when you're trying to access something that you don't fully have (like a network ghost turf or something?).

Cheers! Glad I could help in some way.
I'm certain I fixed this. No crash occurs with the fix in place.

The issue involves a routine that looks for images attached to turfs. I suspect your output code is part of the trigger, in that it was making DS grab info about the turf as part of its output, and normally the routine in question would only be called during a map operation which normally wouldn't even look at that turf because it was out of bounds. So bounds() itself isn't the culprit; it's the fact that the turf is being sent to the output control.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Sending an out-of-bounds turf (e.g., not visible on the user's map) as output to a skin control could cause Dream Seeker to crash.
This will be fixed in 494.1135. Because it's not a new issue, this will be included in the list of fixes to 494.