ID:75771

Keywords: updates
I find myself guilty for not contributing as much as I would've liked over the past few months to this project, but I have guilted myself into tying up a few loose ends in this work in progress to at least make it public. This content will not be in the initial game, it will however be released as a content update after the initial game release. This decision was made after I had done most of the work thats visible in this screenshot, so this tileset won't be touched again until after I finish everything else.

I also have to apologize, since I wouldn't consider this work to be up to my own personal standards.

New things you may notice: Besides the new tileset, you'll notice the beginnings of a new water icon.

Above, we see the port city of Alathonia, a very bright city whose looks are in stark contrast to the resident's dark intentions. It is where those who would be considered evil make their fortune.

Like my work? Become a fan.

As always, I am open to constructive criticism and suggestions for my art. I hope you liked it.

[Your membership time remaining: 1 year, 174 days]
Everything is too neat and perfect. Add some random imperfections in the walling and flooring to add variety.
But it feels boxy. Also, add some variation in ur turfs. It looks mondane and boring to the eyes if u see alot of patterns. personally i like to make 3-5 variations of my turfs (make the code in the mapping, to randomly pic one of the turfs, msg if u want the snippet of code) It makes a huge difference.

Also the green things aren't in the right perspective. They should be in 3/4th. it isn't that hard to fix just make the bottom part an oval and u'll see what i mean.

The maroon color is a little bright on the eyes. maybe u should lower the saturation on the color and go for a more earthy look. personally when i make turfs, i go for colors not high in saturation, so bases and animations catches ur attention instead of the turfs.

Also a trick i learned to making turfs is looking at a picture something relatively close to what ur aiming to illustrate. (googles great here) If you study the picture for a min or 2, you'll notice little details. like shading on certain wall, cracks running down old buildings, edges being worn off, etc.
Even If you apply a few of those detail to your pixel art, it'll will make a ton of difference.

overall, I really like your work and there is just a lot of potential.
Haha.....those lights or whatever they are (The green things) they look like the gems over a sims head in like sims 3. But anyways the city looks great show us more!