Epic

by Yut Put
Epic
Explore epic dungeons and slay epic foes with your friends in a huge, epic fantasy action RPG world.
ID:764388

Resolved
BYOND Version:494
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 12.0
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
Forgive me for this, but there are just too many things to list to use the template. Nonetheless I'll give you the information you need.

All of this was done on the latest version of BYOND, while being hosted from dream daemon.

1: Certain aspects of the game interface bug out occasionally.

What seems to happen is after attacking for awhile (this seems to be what makes the bug happen) You can no longer move things around in your inventory, loot things,buy things, or even minimize/use the toolbar. No run time error results from this bug, but I have noticed a work around for this so far. if this happens you can click outside of the game window (on your desktop) then click back into the game and it is fixed. So there is some type of interfacing bug going on I suppose.

2: NPC AI runtime error (fatal error which crashes game client)

runtime error: Cannot read null.live
proc name: action (/Enemy/action)
source file: AI.dm,852
usr: null
src: the dark elf brute (/Enemy/dark_elf_brute)
call stack:
the dark elf brute (/Enemy/dark_elf_brute): action(null)
the dark elf brute (/Enemy/dark_elf_brute): movement()
the dark elf brute (/Enemy/dark_elf_brute): movement()
: movement()
: movement loop()
: movement loop()

This happens with all mobs (I tested it for you to check this) but doesnt happen always. The bug happens when you die all 3 times (Possibly a problem in general but this was the only way i could reproduce it) The screen greys out and the game stops working until you close and restart client. Likely cause is the mobs keep taking action against a dead character (I wonder if dying as you are attacking them causes them to react back or something to that effect) I also suspect this bug can cause a character rollback since you don't save

3: The sub side cave (I saw that was already reported, but I just wanted to confirm with you that it was not just one person) The underscores within names may be the cause.

4: When mousing over enchanted items sometimes the text for the overlay stacks on top of itself making it unreadable. Not sure what causes this because sometimes it happens and then I re log and it stops happening for awhile.

1. This is a side effect of what happens to dream seeker after an extended period of high CPU usage. The mouse(and interface) become unresponsive. It would be nice for at least the mouse to work at full speed the way macros do, but unfortunately i reported/requested to no avail

2. I'll have to figure out what is causing that. It probably has something to do with the instanced dungeon resetting itself and mobs being deleted(?). I padded the whole action proc with checks to see if the target still exists to avoid this error, but I'm not 100% sure if I've fixed it.

3. I'm using a library to detect whether a person is a fan of the game or not. I could contact Super Saiyan X to see if he can come up with a solution if I'm not able to figure this out from tinkering

4. Screenshot?
as for 2. Thats not the case because once i was doing a dungeon with a friend, and we both died but only i greyed out.

another thing. Companion/minion AI seems to cause 1. lots of runtimer errors in the AI file, and 2. seems to for some reason draw quite a few resources (Im using a very good comp too, I play all the games on the market in max settings (Diablo for example). So thats odd
According to the runtime error you provided, there was a null reference to the AI's target in the action() proc. So I did everything I could to prevent it from happening again, and after that i wasn't able to reproduce the problem in single player

the runtime errors are something i have to fix, its mostly just caused because they are being deleted while things still are happening to them. idk why they would draw a lot of resources because they use the same stuff the enemy AI uses and all the icons are processed through the same caching system.
Yut Put resolved issue